Saturday 22 October 2011

We're on Facebook!

I don't know about you, but I have stayed away from social media sites like Facebook and MySpace. I have never wanted to reconnect with the people I knew back in high school and to be perfectly honest, I had no clue about how to even do such a thing. Yesterday I was in the shopping mall picking up a gift and a woman stopped me to ask me about my hat. I explained that I custom make the hats and how it all works, and handed her a business card. She inquired if I was on Facebook or had a website and when I told her I didn't, she said I should really get one. She owns our local Body Shop, so I figured she knew what she was talking about. After talking to Jessica about it, I sat down and spent the rest of the afternoon setting up a Facebook account for Mon Beau Chapeau, with photos and descriptions of my hats. Later yesterday afternoon I got a call from a happy customer with a referral for someone who wanted a hat. I immediately called her and when I told her I was on Facebook, she was thrilled. This afternoon she called me and ordered three hats right off of the pictures shown.
So, I went into the Body Shop today and thanked the owner for opening my eyes to what I needed to do. I wanted her to know how very much I appreciated the anonymous mentoring she gave me. While there, one of her staff ordered a hat and the owner said she would be in contact with me tomorrow.
So, anyways - if you're on Facebook, or want to sign up for it you can check us out here:
facebook and type Mon Beau Chapeau in the search bar. If you have any questions, you can send me a message, you can "like" my page and do all other sorts of fun stuff that I truly know nothing about. The one thing I do know, is that if you want to order, this is a great place to check out the different styles.

OK - enough shameless plugs - go forth and enjoy your day.

ps - your head looks cold, need a hat????

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Checked it out and it is a great form of advertising for you without having to go into a lot of expense for a webpage. These hats are going fast and furious. You'll have to teach the boys how to make them so that you can keep up with the clientele. Very happy that what started out as a project has turned into a little business. Now we'll just have to think of something for the summer months when hats aren't worn. You've probably already thought of something however. Move over Philip Treacy, the royal family now wants Mon Beau Chapeau as their designer of choice.

There is no such thing as shameless plugs when you're promoting yourself and what you do. Just make sure you promote the Happy Hatter and not the Happy Hooker.

Weather is still gorgeous for this time of year. Short sleeves and a pashmina today, hard to believe. Supposed to be like this until the 30th. Here's hoping.

Love to all