Monday 3 October 2011


I love this picture. It is one I used when I used to work for Sandylion and it makes me happy. When things get tough, as they sometimes do, you always have each other to count on. This weekend has been a long one for us. Craig played football both Saturday and Sunday - and we are sure he cracked a rib playing on Saturday. Yesterday he played and got smoked in the shin and stomped on the foot. He is one hurtin' old geezer. He says he has never broken a bone but I think that might have come to an end. Since I know he doesn't comment on the blog, I am free to write this if I want to.
Kaedo had soccer tryouts this weekend and ended up practicing in the pouring rain yesterday morning. He was frozen and soaked by the time practice was finished. He spent the rest of the day in his pajamas.
Sterling didn't do much aside from a pile of homework that Craig helped him with. The weather was miserable so no biking this weekend. We are coming to the end of the season until he starts biking indoors at Joyride 150.
I finished a custom hat and scarf for a customer. Kinda cool. My first sale. I got my requests from the girlies so I will start working on some hats for them.
Very busy week this week with parent council, soccer tryouts, practice, a tournament, voting, program, two groups, an ortho appt and the dentist. We will be busy running around but it is better than being bored.

Exciting announcement coming tomorrow - stay tuned!

2 comments:

Craig said...

Contrary to what my wife says, although I don't always comment on the blog, I do read it! Therefore I feel it necessary to clear up a misconception and put my poor worrying parents minds at ease. Nothing is cracked or broken, probably at worst a bruised sternum (my medical diagnosis) and since they can't do anything for it there is no point in wasting health care dollars. No debating I am an old geezer but I still have fun so until that stops I will continue to play whether my body allows it or not:)

GrmpaGrmma said...

Thanks for commenting Craig - phone call to work and texting must know we are parents who still worry about our "baby"!! Sorry to hear you did get hurt but if you play hard, you hurt hard as well as both your dad and I know. He's given up his hockey this year and we both decided to give up our walleyball until the new year and see how things are with dad's knees.

Our weekend went by very quickly. I worked at the Fall Into Christmas Craft show from Friday at 1:00 p.m. and finished up last night around 8:00 p.m. and then Stew & Cyndi Tasche took us all out (7 helpers) for a very late supper and drinks at Boston Pizza. We didn't get home till 10:00 p.m. and I was totally exhausted. Stan didn't work very much at the sale on Friday or Sunday. On Saturday he went to Waldheim with Klassen's from S.C. to celebrate Betty Anne's 60th b'day and came home that night around 8:00 p.m. He was pretty tired as well.

Hope Kaeden doesn't have any ill effects from being frozen after soccer practice. We sure have had gorgeous weather here for quite some time. The trees are absolutely beautiful and are still on the trees although Stan's out raking some of them off the lawn now.

Congratulations on your first sale Shannon. There was a lady at the craft show with hats very similar to the looks of yours BUT she had stuck a flower on that she hadn't done herself - yours look beautiful.

Looking forward to our visit later today - hope everyone had a good day!

Also looking forward to the exciting announcement coming tomorrow on your blog - we'll be tuning in bright and early.

We have company (Bill & Margaret Greenbank from Regina) coming tonight around 8:00 p.m. and leaving on Wednesday around noon or so. Looking forward to our visit together.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!