Friday 5 August 2011

They are here...

... and we're loving it! The weather has been great, the kids are thrilled to have their amma and baba with them, I am over the moon to have my parents here. It has been a very hard year for me emotionally, so knowing that my family has taken the time to come this year has made all the difference. Between Jessica and the girlies, mom and dad and then Stan and Shirley, I am surrounded by love and support.

This means so much to me - I can't even express my gratefulness to have all these wonderful people here helping me and our family.

On Wednesday night we surprised mom and dad by being at the carousel waiting for them when they got off the plane. They were so shocked, as we had told them we would be waiting at the cell phone lot and they could just call us. Ha Ha. NOT! There was no way I was doing that. Craig was awesome, as always, and parked in the cell lot and waited for us and then brought us all home safe and sound.

Today they are out at the ROM, I'm going to see my counsellor and then to the farmer's market. I'm cooking what I hope will be a good meal and am just loving every minute of being with everyone.

This weekend is Kaedo's last tournament in Trenton and mom and dad will have the pleasure to see him play and it will be a few fun days with great weather. We'll see what next week brings as I know they have some great plans for the kids and I am hoping to tag along once or twice.

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

We are here! Went to Parkwood yesterday. It was really wonderful and they have a great tea house there but we didn't want to take a chance with Sterling so we went to the OC food court instead, yuck.

Today we packed a lunch and spent the day at the ROM. It was great and the boys loved it, some of it that is. The Natural History galleries they really enjoyed but some of the others were not exciting enough. Denis and I love museums and art galleries but appreciate that not everyone does. We had a really fun time though so that`s all that matters. Craig was able to get us some discount tickets through BNS so that was a good saving. Parking here is way cheaper than Calgary, only $12 for the whole day. It just wasn`t worth taking the train and metro.

Tournament this weekend that we are so looking forward to and then lots of plans for next week. The weather is gorgeous, not too hot, just perfect.

Love to all