Thursday 4 August 2011

PenPals

I have recently joined an international Pen Pal group, and have just written my first letters. I AM SO EXCITED! As many of you know, I am an avid letter writer and so I thought this was a good fit for me. I got my list this morning and have already written to all three. One in Washington, one in Arizona and one in England. So cool!

Letter writing is such a lost art. I am not saying I am an "artist" by any means, but I enjoy writing to people. Sometimes for me, it is easier than speaking on the phone. I am always looking for cool cards and note paper and can often find them at a great discount.

My mom was always a strong advocate of writing letters and thank you cards. She instilled in me that it was important to write thank yous and in the time before email, to write letters to friends and family. I remember the summer that Craig and I weren't living in the same city - I must have written 40 letters that summer. Craig still has them and I have all those that he wrote to me.

So, I guess what I'm saying is - write a note today. It can be a 2 page letter, or a sticky note. Everyone loves to get mail that isn't a bill. Do it. Today. Enough said!

No comments: