Wednesday 30 June 2010



That's it - a school year in a nutshell. It has been quite a year. Here are some highlights and lo-lights:

  • Sterling started Grade 6
  • Kaedo started Grade 5
  • Shannon started working almost full time
  • Craig started working on a special project for his work
  • Sterling was diagnosed with Tourette's
  • Kaedo lost 5 teeth
  • Sterling grew to 5'2.5"
  • Kaedo grew to 4'11"
  • Kaedo started bowling and Sterling finished bowling
  • Craig got a new job
  • Shannon applied for a new job
  • Sterling graduated to GRADE 7! OMG
  • Kaedo graduated to grade 6
  • Sterling was diagnosed with ODD
  • Kaedo spent almost as many weekends at his buddy's house as he did at ours
  • Craig played two seasons of football
  • We celebrated 4 birthdays
  • We took a dream vacation to Florida
  • We took 40 Gnomee pictures plus the extras from while we were away

While it has been a hard "year", it has been a great "year" and I almost wouldn't change anything. Here's hoping to a great summer where the kids are busy, active and having fun. Here's to a mini holiday for me and holidays for Craig and the boys. Here's to a night at the drive in and maybe a trip to Niagara Falls. Here's to helping both boys become the best boys they can. Here's to hoping I get my new job. Here's hoping that everyone stays happy and healthy.

Let the summer begin! Only two weeks to our trip West!!!

3 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

What a difference in the two boys from beginning of school to the end!! It is so hard to believe that Sterling is already in Grade 7 and Kaeden to Grade 6 - where have the years gone. I was just commenting the other day that it's been 7 years since I retired in June of 2003 with a reduced pension. If I would have stayed till my full pension, I would JUST be retiring this June. I have not regretted it one little bit and have not missed working one little bit either (well not that I don't do a little work at home!!)

Hope everything works out for you getting a new job Shannon! Congratulations again to Craig on his new job and hope everything goes well.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!! BIG HUGS TO ALL! SEE YOU IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS!!!

Denis & Irene said...

I know kids hate to be told how much they've grown, so I won't. I'll just say, OMG you've really shot up. Two more weeks, just can't wait to see you.

So glad that retirement agrees with you so much Shirley. I still miss the hustle and bustle and wish I had more to do in the brain department. Keeping busy just isn't enough and we both know how busy grandchildren can keep you. I would like something part time while we're in Canada, Denis really enjoys his Totem job but he's thinking of just working part time next year. I can't believe it's been seven years for you, I started in May 2005. We look forward to seeing you on the 17th.

Congratulations Craig, really hope you like your new job. Keep selling Shannon, it'll happen.

Love to all

Annette said...

Thanks for the encouraging words Shannon! I was telling Jeremy over supper that its funny we live so far apart but through the power of blogging can chat! It would be nice if we could spend some time together, non-virtual that is!

Wow the boys are big! They sure aren't little kids anymore! Prayers for Sterling! I knew that he was having difficulties, but I wasn't aware that it was tourettes. Hopefully he'll continue to have good teachers next year too!

Oh, and I never told you, but I love your cards! That's one thing that I just can't do...cards still stress me out and give me mental blocks. What a handy skill to have though! Can't wait to see more!