Monday 28 June 2010

A New Do


My hair has been the bain of my existence for so long I can't even think of a time when I liked it. So, today was the day. I dropped into my closest Great Clips. Can't beat a $13 haircut. I had had a trim by Julie before and she was in today so I thought I would give her another shot. I had 3.5 inches cut off. It feels so much better. I had mentioned to Craig last week that I was going to grow it but it drives me nuts. I hate putting it back but it is sometimes such a hassle that I do. So now, I can't put it back and I am loving it! I remember the days (vaguely) when I spent $200 on a color and $65 on a cut. Those days are long gone. I am no longer coloring my hair - the grey is taking over - and I am no longer going to "the salon". And you know what? I feel just as good with this haircut and I like the lack of pressure to color, buy products, book my next appt so I get in when I want it, that happens at the salon. So, while I like the pampering of someone washing my hair and styling it, I realize that I can and do wash my own hair and they never style it properly anyway.
So, for summer, I have a new do that I am lovin'!

3 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

AS USUAL - YOU LOOK GREAT!! You have had so many hair styles over the years that we've known you Shannon and I'm so jealous!! You have beautiful thick hair - I would love to have 1/2 of it. My haircut is tomorrow and I can hardly wait - I'm ready for my summer haircut so I won't have much when you see me in 2 1/2 weeks. I've found a hairdresser who does it from her own home and I pay $12 for my haircut. I tried the dye job 2 months ago and I'm not sure if I'm ready for another one or not. We'll see.

We have another beautiful day here today. It is Grad day today and Danelle is graduating. Sandra and I are going to the Grand March where all the beautiful dresses are on display.

Hope you're having a great day - love you lots - BIG HUGS TO ALL!!

Annette said...

Very nice Shannon! I'm a little jealous now though. Jeremy hates when I cut my hair short but I hate to pull it back every day so it's the bane of my existance too!

You can't even tell that it's a $13hair cut though! It looks really nice and I doubt it would look much different even if you spent
5x that much.

Denis & Irene said...

Nice Do! With hair like your's and your sister's, how can it be anything but. You gals definitely didn't inherit my locks, thank goodness.

Great weather again today. Our two pots of flowers are doing so well. Jessica's flowers are amazing, all lined up the driveway in large pots...death row. She'll never get away from that one.

Beryl took me for lunch today at the Prickly Pear. She was on her way back from Calgary, heading home to Shaunavon. It was so wonderful seeing her again. She gave me some tips on keeping the flowers looking great until frost.

Emma came over this afternoon to paint the animals we had moulded yesterday. She did a great job. She took them home to show her mom but insisted I take two back with me for her cupboard. We're going to have to find another cupboard as this one is getting very full. Don't know what we'll do when Avery starts her collection.

FIFA in the morning and Wimbledon in the evening. Feel like all I do is sit. Love that PVR. Thank goodness for a bike ride this morning, short but at least it was something.

Would be great to be working but don't seem to have time lately. After the boys leave, a two month temp would be great.

Love to all