Wednesday 23 June 2010

The latest

Thought I would show some of my latest cards...

Going away card and envelope for a girl on my team


French Father's Day card

French Mother's Day card

Birthday card and envelope

And this is what a $20 card looks like. It is 8x10" and comes with a custom made envelope. This was for a co-worker. His grandmere was turning 80.
Have recently done some more cards for work. They are popular and those at the office that receive them have them proudly displayed on their desk. I keep thinking I should get a stamp for the back of them or make some business cards or something so that I can give people my info in case they want one for someone. Will have to think about it. Thoughts? The boys and I are a trio tonight so we are just watching a movie.(Craig is out to dinner with his team for a going away) Sahara. Don't know if you have seen it before but it is great and the boys will be bringing it out with them so the grandparental units can watch, if they so wish. Work tomorrow day and Craig is coming into the office with me so I won't be listening to my book on my journey. Oh well. Glad to have the company.
Just so you are aware - we had an earthquake here today. I think I read on the National Post website it was a 5.5. Craig felt it at the Contact Centre and the phones were out as well as the cell service. Kaedo says his class felt it at school. I didn't feel it but the way I see it it would have to be more than a 5.5 to move my girth. Anyway - we are all fine. No problems.

4 comments:

KPJC said...

Glad to hear everyone is OK. Saw the news while in the dentist chair and was shocked and thought of you all instantly. Did the package I sent Craig through office mail get there today? If not we will have to wish Kaeden happy birthday by phone. Good luck with the cards Shannon.

GrmpaGrmma said...

Thanks for the phone call today Shannon - you know we are real worry warts and would have been thinking about all of you. We appreciate it very much.

Love, love, love your cards Shannon!! (especially the ones with the butterflys on them!!!) I think you should have a little card made up for your card business if you want to keep busy with it - it is something that you are getting better and better at all the time. The card for the 80 year old is BEAUTIFUL!!

If the boys have movies they like and don't mind watching over again with us - we would love for them to bring some along.

Hope you all had a great day - BIG HUGS TO ALL!!

Annette said...

Beautiful cards! Very nice work! It's nice to get paid to do something you like to do! For the custom stamp thing, check out www.etsy.com. There is a lady that makes them custom for around $20, which might be more than you want to spend but they are pretty nice stamps! Just search her store "sweet papery" and you'll see an idea of what she can do.

Glad to hear your okay after the quake, kind of surprised me to hear about it!

Denis & Irene said...

Wonderful cards Shannon, as usual. The 80 card is definitely worth the price, gorgeous. You mustn't feel that you're overcharging, people will pay what they feel they're worth, and something handmade is worth a lot if it's well done. I know one you made for a friend of mine is still framed and hanging in the little one's room.

Between your quakes and tornadoes and our flooding, we're making the news. We rarely have natural disasters but we must be coming of age because it's been an eventful couple of months in that department.

A stamp on the back would be the way to go as then it claims ownership. Without some "mark" anyone could lay claim to it. In a few years, when you're famous and rich, all these people will be claiming that they made them. Andy Warhol always signed his works of art and look what they're going for today. Too bad he's dead and can't enjoy the profit. Anyway, your cards are beautiful and I can always tell by looking at them what space you're in so I especially love these.

Love to all