Saturday 26 June 2010

Birthday Part two!



Had a great evening with the kids. We saw Toy Story 3 and LOVED IT!!!! It was so good and funny. The boys all loved it. We went to Pizza Hut and spent the whole time throwing out Toy Story trivia questions for Kaedo to answer. He is the Toy Story Master and was pretty good at answering our questions - even the obscure ones. We got home at about 9:45pm and had Kaedo's ice cream cake. We sang and he blew out his candles - after the one his put out with his fingers. The kids then watched a movie and I made a bracelet for Sacha. I had already made one for Josh and Kaedo and myself (Sterling and Craig didn't want one) and Sacha decided he needed one too.
The picture is one I photoshopped for each of the boys (the faces not blurred, of course) and put in little 3.5 x 5 frames I got at Michaels for .79 ea. Pretty good deal. Made their shirts for them - their favorite Toy Story character and a quote they said from one of the movies. They wore them to the movies and a guy at Pizza Hut though they were part of a baseball team. Ha!
Anyway, Kaedo said he had a great birthday and I'm happy about that. It is very important to me that the boys have great birthdays. Your birthday is such an important day and I want them to have great memories of the parties we threw for them and the things we did.

2 comments:

KPJC said...

Happy birthday buddy. Sorry about the wrong year on your card. Someday you will be grateful when somebody mistakes your age for younger, but I know 11 is cool. You look like you had a great time at your birthday.

Did you like the games we sent you? I see that you like Toy Story and the other games, hopefully thse other ones will be good as well.

I took Jacob to Toy Story 3 today and I think he liked it. He got a bunch of Toy Story toys from a garage sale and it sounds like you will have a lot in common this summer.

Love you see you soon.

Denis & Irene said...

Did anyone else cry at Toy Story? Emma admitted after it was over that she had cried a little but "that's OK, right Amme". With tears flowing down my cheeks I just let her know that it was very healthy to cry if you felt like it. I personally felt soooo dumb crying at an animated feature. It was such a good movie and we all enjoyed it. Baba admitted to having some teary moments. I guess we're just a bunch of saps but who cares, it was a very enjoyable afternoon.

Our place looks like the room at the hospital where they cast broken bones. Emma and I poured moulds of animals and tomorrow we will paint them. That plaster of Paris sure sets up good. This was to be her craft but because kids are sooo much smarter than adults they ask you to show them how it's done and let you keep going until it's finished. I refuse to paint them.....yeah right!

The weather is perfect and the flowers doing very well this year. I sure don't want to buy anymore but I'm weakening. The neighbor has some lovely double baskets hanging from his awning. Maybe summer is really here.

Love to all