Tuesday 29 June 2010

Space Project

Special guest blogger alert. Even though Shannon has already posted once today, this is two for the price of one day.

Sterling had a space project due on the second to last day of school. I know crazy since it was the same day they got their report cards. Now its tough enough getting him to do a project when it counts for something so you can only imagine his motivation when it doesn't count at all. On the upside, we convinced him to do it on the space shuttle since we were fortunate enough on our holidays to watch the final night launch. I dutifully spent hours editing the video we made of the event so he could share it with his class. I would have liked to spend more time getting it better but on the night before it was due with a written report still not done, time was limited. Apparently the class thought it was great and even asked to see it a second time. (Man I really rocked grade 6 this year) When I asked what they liked so much Sterling said ' the music'. Now if you've seen my videos before you'll know I always try to set them to appropriate music. In fact Kaedo even said 'you can find a song for any video'. I think it is actually starting to show my age as the songs I find are slowly becoming classics. Since I don't think I got a chance to share the video when we got back, here it is. P.S. Should be obvious, but just so you know, the clip at the beginning is from NASA, we weren't that close ;)

3 comments:

KPJC said...

Hey Speilberg - very cool. That perspective must have been awesome to be there live. Wasn't that song your grad song???? You guys are amazing bloggers. I will try to post a Tica farewell as she leaves for Romania on Friday to pick her mom up. It should be a tearful day, but I will try to manage to hold back my tears! The boys will be spending some days with grandma and grandpa so should not notice too much difference around the homefront.
Hey Craig I applied for Wipeout canada today and one question was to see if I could convince relative to apply. How about it? Then next we can apply for th Amazing Race!

GrmpaGrmma said...

GREAT VIDEO CRAIG!!! Something your whole family will never forget I'm sure. Thanks for the anniversary call this afternoon - dad's sorry he missed talking to you. We had a very nice supper out with Hank & Jewel and the both of us toasted to 42 years of marriage!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Awesome video Craig. We've had some wonderful experiences in our lives but watching the shuttle has to be one of the major ones, it's something we'll never forget as I'm sure you won't. Just watching your video made us all teary again, so overwhelming.

I like Canada, why are you trying to wipe it out Kelly????

Love to all