Saturday 5 December 2009

There's snow in them there hills

However, there is no snow here. Thank god. Calgary had a big storm last night and our Calgary Call Centre was shut down. Need less to say it was slammed in our centre. We had times when we had over 30 calls in the queue. Because of the storm we were asked to work some extra hours and I agreed. So, yesterday I worked 1:30pm - midnight and was back at the centre this morning for 6am. It wouldn't have been so bad except that it took me 50 minutes to get home and the last time I looked at the clock it was 2:17am. I had to set my alarm for 4:30am to make sure I was up and there in time to work at 6am. Thankfully I was done at 11am and in bed at 12:05pm. I got a couple of hours and now have been to the library and grocery store with the boys. I'm tired but am looking forward to a couple of days off.

Craig had his football banquet this afternoon and was just walking out the door as I came in at noon. He seemed to have had a good time.

Tomorrow we will be decorating our tree. Kaedo is bursting at the seams to do this so tomorrow we will tackle that job. Craig and I both think it is Sterling's year to add the angel but this year will be a little different. No one will be able to pick him up. He'll have to use a chair. At 115lbs there is no way we can pick him up. Those were the days.

Looking forward to my Sunday call with mom tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

No comments: