Wednesday 23 December 2009

It feels like Saturday

How's that for handsome? 37 candles on that bad boy. The cake was snarfed down within 18 hours. Delicious.



But alas, it is Wednesday. I got a call from my boss today letting me know that my shift changed tomorrow to 12-6pm. Yahoo - don't know how he did it, but I'm thrilled that I'll be home around 7 instead of 10pm. Ya Me! He also told me there is some permanent overtime coming for the new year and I'm on the top of the list. Going to get more info tomorrow.

Today I got the last of the shopping completed, and spent some one on one time with Sterling. Our tree is looking full and while I said to the boys it would be a smaller Christmas, it doesn't really look like it. The boys are super excited and we have told them they will be chained to their beds until 8am. Hopefully they sleep that late.
This afternoon Sterling and I made the above pretzel kisses. Super easy to do and peanut free to boot. He had lots of fun, as did I. I can't wait to try them. Speaking of trying them - Weigh In Wednesday is officially on holidays until Jan 6.
Mom - great call this morning. Loved it as always!

3 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

We are a little prejudice as well but ya Craig you're looking pretty darn good for 37!! Cake also looks pretty darn good - wished we were there to share with you. Maybe next year we'll celebrate your b'day a little later!

Hope your day goes well tomorrow Shannon and GREAT for you to get off earlier. Hope the permanent overtime job works out for you.

Your Pretzel Kisses that you and Sterling were making look so yummy. Do you bake them for awhile and are those smarties on top? Looks like a fun and easy thing to make and delicious to boot with the salty & sweet.

2 more sleeps till Christmas - hope the 8:00 a.m. rule works for all of you.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Great talking with you also, a weekly highlight.

I can believe everyone loved your pretzel kisses, they look awesome. The super easy, fun recipes are usually the best. The best part is when the kids pitch in to help. Emma made c.c. cookies with her mom this afternoon. She loves to bake.

Love to all

Denis & Irene said...

Sorry Craig, didn't forget about you. Great picture, great looking cake. Wow! 37. It's hard to believe how quickly time passes.

Love you