Thursday 10 December 2009

Snow, eh?



After school the boys really wanted to get out in the snow. The weather was perfect and the snow was heavy and great for both snowmen and snowballs. My camera was on the wrong setting so my pictures suck, but I thought I would post them anyway so you could see them out enjoying themselves. The one of Kaedo and his snowman would have been beautiful had I taken it properly. Oh well, I am sure this is not the only snow we will get so I'll have many more chances to take some great pictures.

Last night we had a power outage right at supper time. The power was out for about an hour. While it was out, Kaedo and Craig went and dug out the bottom of the driveway from where the snowplow had been and Sterling and I attempted to clean up the dishes and then sat down for a talk. He mentioned to me that Kaedo knew where we were hiding their Christmas presents. I asked him where it was and he told me - THE FREEZER! I can't believe it. I thought it was perfect. So I'm asking everyone to weigh in on this. Do I find another hiding place or do I leave everything there? Thoughts?
We played a game of Sponge Bob Life last night by candlelight and then had the power came on and we got to watch a new episode of Two and a Half Men. I love to hear Sterling laugh during this show. It is music to my ears.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

WOW, did you ever get dumped with snow - looks like way more than we have. Stan's been shovelling lots but it has never been LOTS of snow.

Love the photos of the boys - also love their hats!

Regarding Christmas gifts - my only suggestion would be to lock the freezer if you can. If our boys peeked at their Christmas gifts, we never knew that they did but it makes for a pretty boring Christmas if they already know what they're getting.

I went Line Dancing this morning and Stan for coffee. We shopped for abit after and came home for lunch. Stan's off visiting his mom and I ran the vacuum over the house. We don't have plans for this evening so we'll sit and enjoy the new t.v. together. I missed the new episode of Two & Half Men because we were playing walleyball last night and coffee after. Enjoyed our time together watching it while we were there.

Irene, you mentioned you may have to have a root canal. Stan's been suffering with a sore tooth for the last week and went to his dentist on Tuesday. They did x-rays and said nothing was wrong. He woke up during the night with pain and Wed. morning was no better. He called the dentist and his dentis said it sounds like you'll have to have a root canal. This is the third one he will have done on all those beautiful expensive crowns (6) he had done 4 years ago. The dentist put him on antibiotic and he has to go next Wednesday to have the root canal done. He's already gone past our insurance fund and this will have to come out of our own pockets - MERRY CHRISTMAS TO HIM!! Have a safe journey south and also a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND ALL THE BEST IN 2010!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Loads of snow for you, so glad. Lethbridge has more than I've seen since coming out west. They got 62 cm. and you can tell. It looks like a different place completely with all the snow banks.

Sooo, Kaeden's no different than his mother was. It goes around, doesn't it????

Went for the root canal that didn't materialize. The x-rays show no reason for one but the soreness is aggravating. He trimmed down some high spots and told me to call on Monday if it wasn't better and they'd decide what to do then. It's not as bad as it was but it's still sore. It could be that my appliance needs adjusting so I'll take it with me next time.

Another busy weekend coming up, I hope the weather co-operates so that we can travel. Two Christmas parties on the same night, I hate choosing. We're going to the Lodge but I'd rather go to the other one. The food at the Lodge isn't that good and it's excellent at Mario's. Ideally, we should go for dinner at one and entertainment at the other but we won't, that's tooo rude, darn.

The Christmas shopping is all done and Jessica's birthday gift is underway. Craig, you're supposed to let us know about those cleats. We're having ham for Christmas dinner this year and I got a beauty at Costco yesterday, bone in, so the soup will be awesome. We'll have to have early dinner so that the soup can be prepared to take with us the next day.

Hope your tooth gets better Stan. It's so miserable having an aching tooth. We've never had insurance so our pockets have always hurt after a dental appointment. The tooth ache goes and the money ache starts. Have a wonderful holiday season and we look forward to seeing you when we get back.

Love to all