Wednesday 9 December 2009

Snow Day? and weigh in wednesday

That was the question the boys had this morning. At 8:30am they got a call from a friend telling them there was no bussing today and he wanted to know if they could hang out. Unfortunately for them, mom is home today and will be doing the drop off and pick up so they couldn't take advantage of a day filled with wii, snacks, snow forts and the like.
Craig and I have just finished shovelling. We were both up about a lb this week but are quite sure that with all the shovelling we did we burned that off. It isn't cold enough to keep snowing so the layer of snow closest to the ground is pure slush. The rest is so heavy. We both agree that our Carpal Tunnel has been aggravated (ha) and Craig has a groin pull.
It is supposed to freeze tonight. Great. Glad I didn't have to drive into the city today.

Had to go to Zellers this morning on our way to school to get boots for Sterling. Quite funny. The clerk asked us if it was a snow day but Sterling said, "my mom doesn't love us enough to let us be off school so she's buying me boots instead". Ha.

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Weigh in Wednesday kind of took a back seat to the planned root canal I was supposed to have today. Drove to Lethbridge, however, the x-rays weren't conclusive enough to do the root canal. Had some drilling and shaving done to change the bite and it seems to have helped a great deal. Should know in a couple of days if the cheap route worked. Here's hoping. Can;t believe how much snow Lethbridge got..62 cm. a record for them. It was a great day, shopping just fell into the cart with no effort. I love it when that happens. Even got Jessica's birthday present underway, should be ready on the 18th, better be. I think I'm done except for a few little things for Avery's stocking. What do you buy a kid with a bad Mohawk???

Glad to hear you have bad weather, it's about time. Ours has sucked since April.

I love it Sterling. I'm so glad your mom knows what's best for you.

As for your Carpal Tunnel and groin pull, what can I say...don't do anything that would cause your groin pull in a tunnel with a car pal.

Love to all