Saturday 12 January 2008

where

have the days gone?
Happy Saturday all.
I have so much to blog about but need to get organized before I do. I've got pictures of Oscar, Sterling and Nobody, stuff about bowling, 50/50, tkd, etc etc.
In saying that...
that will all have to be saved for later. I think it is best for me to write everything out so I get it all, then post here.

So -
here is a brief get to know you. Participate - I'd love to see what you have to say

name: Shannon Lavigne
music: James Blunt-ish, Josh Groban-ish with a heavy sprinkling of the spoken word
favorite color: right now green and brown are in a bit of a competition
childhood ambition: to be a teacher
fondest childhood memory: cars at KOA in California, Columbia Ice Fields
soundtrack of my life: I Get Knocked Down - Chumba Wumba
retreat: Chapters
biggest challenge: getting out of bed when my world was crashing down around me
perfect day: Disneyland with my 3 boys
first job: baby sitter
last purchase: Lifesavers for a project I am working on
favorite movie: right now it is Serendipity
inspiration: Craig - oh how I would love to live life oblivious
did you know?: when I set my alarm clock the last two numbers have to add up to the first one. hmmm

Let's see what you have to say,
later,
s

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Here goes...

Name: Jessica Marie Lavigne

Music: Barry Manilow

Favorite Color: Cream - I know, don't say it

Childhood ambition: Be first female Prime Minister - sadly grew a conscience and am now unable to enjoy the world of corruption

Fondest Childhood Memory: Beating Lori Motherwell at everything in Grade One

Soundtrack of my life: If you like Pina Coladas by Barry Manilow

Retreat: the gym

Biggest Challenge: Realizing I can't control everything

Perfect Day: Taking Emma to Disneyland - with Ken of course, someone has to carry the bags. Hee Hee

First Job: babysitting

Last Purchase: night time diapers, stirfry sauce, grapes and rice

Favorite movie: Sound of Music

Inspiration: Emma - she finds good in almost everything.

Did you know: Emma stayed dry all day yesterday. Including an hour at the park followed by McDonalds.

Craig said...

Shannon gets mad when I only skulk the blog and don't respond.

Name: Craig Klassen

Music: I like pretty much everything that makes Shannon's ears bleed (Rock and Alternative)

Favorite Color: Always been blue but black is making a comeback

Childhood Ambition: I remember in grade school having to right down a profession and I put 'lawyer' but accidently spelt it 'layer' (someone else can make the joke)

Fondest childhood memory: I loved breakfast when we went camping, eggs fried in bacon grease - I can feel my arteries hardening just thinking about it

Soundtrack of my life: Life is a Highway

Retreat: Football

Biggest challenge: Finding time to do everything I need to do on the weekends

Perfect day: Play football, then watch football, then take the kids on a bike ride

First job: Paper boy

Last purchase: Fake plants for Sterlings 'Nobody' project

Favorite movie: Dumb and Dumber

Inspiration: Kaedo, he is always happy and he finds joy in the little things

Did you know?: I read my book on the train until after the first two stops then I put it away and sleep, everyday

Denis & Irene said...

I'll try, won't be the same answers tomorrow, are not the same answers as yesterday (except the name)

Name: Irene Veronica Eldridge

Music: REM, most alternative music

Favorite colour: Black

Childhood ambition: Surgeon

Fondest childhood memory: Living in England with my grandparents

Soundtrack of my life: Dashboard lights - Meatloaf

Retreat: morning walk alone with my weights

Biggest challenge: Taking things as they come

Perfect day: Taking my grandchildren somewhere, anywhere that they absolutely love

First job: Counter clerk at El Rancho Beach restaurant

Last Purchase: Groceries at WalMart

Favorite movie: Wait until Dark, A town called Alice (can't decide)

Inspiration: Grandchildren, they love to learn and try new things and they are so innocent

Did you know: I have no OCD tendencies and I have no routine. The lack of routine is something new for me.

We are presently in Houston, the weather is cool but sunny. We have just had a re-call on our fridge done and are now going to get an oil change and check out some new tires.

On Saturday, our salesman from the motorhome, came by for a glass of wine. As he got out of his vehicle he butted out his cigarette. When he got to the door I asked accusingly "You smoke?". Today, Monday, he has just told me that the shock of me saying that has made him quit. He hasn't had a cigarette since. That was my good deed of the day, rude or not. I sure hope he can keep it up. He's a great young man.

Love to all