Thursday 24 January 2008

lots

Hi -
Lots to mention so we'll see how it goes:

The boys are going to their first sleepovers this weekend. Eek! Kaedo is going to a school friend's house and Sterling to some good friends. We don't know the family that Kaed is going to stay with so we have been doing a lot of heavy investigating. The child's name has come up almost daily since the beginning of the school year, so at least I knew he was. I phoned and grilled the dad - sounded pretty good. One of the last things he told me was that he was with the local police, SO, Craig phoned them to confirm. Armed with a cell phone, our numbers in his pocket and a stern reminder of the dos and don'ts and we should be OK. As for Sterling - I am not worried at all. In saying that, he is probably the one who will fall down the stairs and break his arm! I guess that means a free night for us. Craig is going to stake out Sterling's party from the street and I am going to do the same for Kaedo's.

Kaeden got his sixth stripe on his orange belt. He has not gone on the grading list yet, but he told me that Sir was going to put him on. The grading will be February 9. He is very excited about that.

Both boys are anxious to get back onto the hill this weekend. I'll be sure to get some video.

OK - so I know there were other things I wanted to mention but now I don't know what they are. Sorry about that,
s

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Congratulations Kaeden - keep up the great work!

Just think - Craig & Shannon - you'll be able to have a nice romantic evening all to yourselves and sleep in in the morning!!

We had a great day in Regina yesterday with Bill & Margaret and Ed & Marion. Weather cooperated and travelling was great. We got home around 7:30 p.m. Fun was had by all.

Stan went playing walleyball with 7 other guys and I joined the ladies for an evening together. We decided to try a new Japanese restaurant in S.C. - Miso's. There were 10 ladies so there were lots of different dishes to try. It was okay - don't know if I'll go back too soon and don't know if Stan would be filled up with the meal. All in all, it was a fun evening and something different.

Ready to hit the sack but thought I'd check THE BLOG and I'm glad I did.

Have a great Friday and have a fun weekend.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

I don't know what your in-laws are thinking....romantic evening. I figure if Kaeden's like you, he'll phone at 11:30 pm (just as you're settling in) and ask to come home. You never failed, we didn't bother getting ready for bed because we knew we'd get THE CALL. So much for those romantic notions. Yes, the time I didn't worry you jumped into the pool...but not far enough. There is something about sleep-overs that do not work in the parents favor. Having said that...hope you have a great night.

Congrats Kaed on your stripe. Green Belt Coming Up!!!

Love to all