Wednesday 2 January 2008

Babylove

OK - it is January 2nd and I need to perk up and return to my real self. Haven't wanted to blog lately and so today I am vowing to smarten up. Did you know that I posted 31 times in December. That's a lot of blabbering. One of my goals for 2008 is to post 20 times a month. Shouldn't be a problem, but we'll see.
Rather than list the things that I am going to do for the New Year, I am going to follow what I saw on another blog, and post what I am not going to do.
1. I am not going to go to bed before 10pm - unless I'm sick
2. I am not going to swear as much
3. I am not going to have a heart attack
4. I am not going to buy another wallet/bag
5. I am not going to eat brussel sprouts
6. I am not going to say no when my kids want to read to me
7. I am not going to say yes just because it will make someone else feel better (and me crappier)
8. I am not going to be too busy to see what my kids want to show me
9. I am not going to fret about things I can't do anything about
10. I am not going to fart at the dinner table

Anyone else have any NOTs they want to share? I'd love to hear them.

On to Kaedo. My lovely, dolly loving boy. Most of you have met Baby, his long time best pal and the master of their domain. Kaeden has had Baby since he was less than a year old. When I started working in the scrapbook store, I bought him for Sterling. Sterling wasn't very interested in him. However, Kaedo loved him right a way. I had given Fuzz to Kaedo and Sterling loved him more, so a switch was made and to this day Sterling still has Fuzz and Kaedo has Baby. Baby has been through the wars, as you can probably see. When he was five (35 in dog years) he was left on top of a lamp that was turned on, almost starting a fire and incinerating his butt. After buying a patch and doing some pretty intense surgery, I was able to recover his butt cheek, and while he will never play the violin again, he has lived quite a normal life. When he was 6 (40 in dog years) he had a run in with another dog, that left him a little worse for wear. He had his nose bitten off 3 times in 1 month. Once again a sterile area was created (kitchen table) and he was put under and surgery was once again performed. This time I needed to be more inventive. A new tool in my arsenal had to be brought out and with nervous hands I was able to reattach the nose using hot glue and thread. It was long and arduous, but worth it to see the look on my boy's face. We quickly learned that this larger and somewhat fiercer dog could not, in fact, reach him if he was left on the back on the couch, so Baby found a new home there during the day and wrapped tightly in Kaedo's arms at night. Baby is now 56 years old and while he is reaching middle age, he is as spry as he was when he was 21. He can still voluntarily throw himself down two flights of stairs, toboggan in a box into the basement, repel off Kaedo's bed in the middle of the night and still get up in the morning to go to school with his best pal, Smoochie. So there you have it. Baby is a wonder dog, a wonderful companion, and is loved by all. We bow to his greatness.

December 2007 (taken with kickin' new camera, I might add!)
talk later,
s


PS - I do remember saying that I would never give my kids a nickname, so I apologize. He is just so Kaedo, I have to call him that.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

That Baby is one tough dude!! Must be all the love, care and attention he's gotten over his many years. What a doll!! (and I don't mean Baby) Kaeden - you are one precious little grandson that we love sooooo much and mom caught the perfect expression on your beautiful face. Great camera Shannon!

We got back into a sort of routine today but I just couldn't pull myself out of bed to go to Curves. Got up in time to get ready to meet my sisters and mom at Fabutan and have our Wednesday get-together. Stan went and played hockey at noon and shovelled snow after that and then crashed. I got home around 4:00 p.m. to him sleeping in his chair. We had supper and he's off to a Bronco game. Hope they do better than they have been this last while.

I just finished my ironing and thought I'd go downstairs, put on our little fireplace and watch anything I want to watch.

Hope you all had a great day - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

P.S. - cute picture of your little niece - looks like she's totally got everything under control!

Denis & Irene said...

Here goes:

1. I'm not going to worry about the size of clothes I have to buy.
2. I'm not going to buy any more cheap wine
3. I'm not going to shop at Costco more than once a month
4. I'm not going to wear shorts, no matter how hot it is
5. I'm not going to tell my grandkids it's time for supper if there is something else they want to do
6. I'm not going to complain about the cost of national and international park user fees
7. I'm not going to fret about the cost of fuel
8. I'm not going to put Denis's hair in a pony tail because he got it cut off
9. I'm not going to spoil my grandchildren any more than necessary
10. I'm not going Europe (damn)

Kaedo, you're awesome. Great photo of you and Baby. Emma's baby is Mike and Mike got a time out today. Toooo funny. I had no toy or blanket, so it is very awesome to see kids with a special something. It's nice to see that both you and Jessica have something that goes back forever.

We're in Lethbridge tomorrow, the last time I'm going to get my hair foiled. I think there's enough of it's own white in it now to forego any future expenditure in the lightning department. The cuts will always be done but I think the hair is naturally light enough now. Darn. Eye exam for Denis and Dr. appointment for me will round out the day. Emma will have had her fill of McDonalds after having lunch there again tomorrow. Friends for lunch Friday. Emma naps for two hours starting at 1 pm so it's a good time to catch up with friends we haven't seen since the summer. Saturday and Sunday will be two days of leisurely getting our belongings together for the trip back south. It truly is a wonderful life.

Love to all