Wednesday 30 January 2008

so...

Wednesday already? Did I say that yesterday? Not too much to tell you but I will do what I can. Windstorm last night - or at least it seemed like one. Recycling day today. Wind + 60 bottles, cans, etc = said bottles, cans, etc become lawn ornaments for everyone in the neighborhood. I'm embarassed to say that I didn't pick them up, only hoped that the Wind Fairy would keep on blowing them off my street. Yeah me! - it worked. Karma is going to come back and bite me in the ass.
Sterling is sick. He went to school today because apparently he had a free period, gym and two indoor recesses. When he got into the van tonight he was bushed. Had to take N and Kaedo to TKD tonight. Sterling fell asleep sitting in the library. Got him back into the van at the end of the class and he fell asleep on the way home. Got home and got in the bath. Dumped it and filled it twice. Now he is lying down in the basement hugging an oat bag. *** mom - he told me to tell you he would text you
What else? Oh ya - Kaedo was taking a lot of time getting out of school tonight and because it was so cold and windy I drove around to the front of the school to pick him up. Well, today he decided to take a different route out of the school and didn't see me parked nor did I see him. He was back on his way into the school when he saw the van. Then he started crying. He thought I was still in Markham, or had forgotten to pick him up. It was heartbreaking. I promised to never move the van again. He is so pitiful when he cries.
Things are getting crazier by the hour right now trying to get everything done for CHA. I leave on Thursday. Ack!
OK - I know I'm missing something but it will have to wait until tomorrow.
talk later,
s
OH ya - pictures are going in the mail tomorrow!

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well Sterling - hope it doesn't last too long. Big hugs from Grampa & Gramma. Big hugs to Kaeden as well for the scare today. Your trip will be here all before you know it Shannon - you will do great! It's still very cold here and the warm for tomorrow is supposed to be -17 degrees. Just like summer! Take care. Love to all.

Denis & Irene said...

Glad you're feeling better today Sterling. We know you're not totally better but getting there. Sorry we missed talking with you yesterday. Kaedo, it's scary when you think that the adults have forgotten about you but you know your mom never would.

Didn't get to golf today, tornado watch for Houston but we got bad winds and a little rain. We went to a museum and when we got out there wasn't a cloud in the sky but it was still a little windy. I could golf in the wind in Lethbridge. We are leaving the Greyhounds for tomorrow night as we just can't miss the California debates. It's 24C now at 5.30 p.m. but a little too windy to sit out. We have so many things we want to do but we'll wait until tomorrow to see what the weather brings. I hate the beach in the rain and walking to Mexico in a gale doesn't appeal either.

Love to all