Saturday 19 January 2008

200

This is my 200th post. Can you believe it? I can't.
All is well in the Kaeling household. Sterling is playing a new PSP game and Kaeden is virtually sitting in his lap trying to watch. Craig has gone to the gym and I have just returned home from a fabulous day of scrapbooking. I made this terrific album. It turned out so well. It was so nice to be out doing something creative where I was not the teacher and could just sit back and do. Back to the real world now.
This morning Sterling had bowling and the three of them went. I was sad to miss but not so sad I was going to miss going to the class! Sterling had an awesome 3 games. He had over 80 on the 1st and 3rd games and 145 on his 2nd. Just awesome. His best game ever. Apparently he got a strike then a spare and then another strike all in a row. Damn kid doesn't do that when I'm there. Maybe his dad will have to take him. Nope, not gonna happen. I love going too much.
The boys are super excited about snowboarding tomorrow. I'm so glad. I was worried about it but they are loving it so far. We are going to head into Peterborough after the lessons and go to The Pizza Factory. Apparently it is awesome and so we want to check it out. We are such a pizza family.
Once we get home from that I will be back to work. I have a project due Monday morning. I will be continuing on with more projects for the show over the coming weeks. I definitely earn my keep on the weeks leading up to a show. I am really excited, actually. My creative juices are flowing after being in a bit of an emotional slump over the last little while. I used to really work well when I was down but things, they are a changin'. Anyway, we have tons of beautiful new stuff coming out and it is fun to get my hands on it. I wish I didn't have to cut out mock-ups but that's the way it goes.
Going to spend the evening with my four boys watching a movie. Then we're going to send the boys to bed and watch the new Jackass movie. The jackass movies are hilarious but the "stunt men" are so insane. The boys have seen it sitting in the tattoo parlour once. They laughed their butts off. Thankfully the volume was off as every second word it F*&^. The closed captioning went by so fast that they couldn't read the swears. Yes, I know, you are thinking...tattoo parlours, Jackass, what will be next? We are trying to raise well rounded children who are aware of the fine art of being jabbed with needles until tears stream down your face, hearing swearing and learning not to repeat it, watching stunt shows and understanding that if they do such a thing I will break their bones myself and walking around with yesterday and today's candy on your face just means you already have a snack when you're hungry. Just lick.

talk later,
s

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

I love this blog, I'm sure it's more entertaining than Paris's. Great bowling, Sterling. 145, that's very impressive. Remember to keep trying for that turkey.

Kaedo, how's the TKD going. I've bought some postcards and will get them off on Tuesday. It's a holiday here Monday so there is no mail.

Last night there was a raging storm here. The Texans said it was a huge storm for them. Our neighbor asked if we'd been hit by lightning as it hit within a few feet. What a scare, I screamed my head off, it was so close and so loud. A flash of lightning and the thunder at the same time. It rained so much and so hard. There is water everywhere, puddles the size of lakes. Today was very cool but the clouds have left and the sun is out.

We took the ferry to Aransas Pass and drove along Shoreline Drive in Corpus. The homes are absolutely over the top. One house had valet parking, must have been a party or wedding going on. Very over the top, we loved it. We are going to take our bikes and bike along there so that we can gawk without any danger of hitting the guy in front or beside us....cause he's gawking too. We've never seen so much ostentation in one place, ever. Good for them, they are enjoying their hard earned or inherited money, and why not. We figured we'd have to win about four 649's to be able to buy one of these houses. Corpus Christi is a really lovely city, not a lot going on, but just a really nice place.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

DITTO FROM YOUR MOM'S COMMENTS SHANNON ON THE BLOG!!! WE LOVE IT!

Congratulations on your bowling Sterling!! Can hardly wait to have a game with you again.

Hope you had fun at your snowboarding again this morning. The Pizza Factory sounds like a fabulous place to go.

I don't know where the weeks go but here we are just about the end of January all ready. We never have too much planned for the week but they seem to go by just the same. This week (if weather permits) we plan to make a trip to Regina with Ed & Marion to visit with Bill & Margaret just for the day. We have had a progressive supper with the three couples for the last four years around Christmas time. We thought this could be our progressive supper - we'll bring the buns, salad, dessert & wine and Margaret says she will cook the main meal. We're planning for Wednesday but we'll have to see how things go.

Well, hope we can catch you guys at home this afternoon for abit of a visit before you get watching your movie. Take care and love you all!

Denis & Irene - love reading how things are going for you as well. Sounds like you're having some excitement with the weather but hopefully nothing toooooo exciting happens while you're there.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!