Tuesday 10 July 2007

It's all over

...but the cleaning.
I'm so done with peanut butter, I can't tell you. This is my favorite food, and has been for years. When Sterling travels we have always indulged in copious amounts of our fave legume. This year has been different. We have definitely consumed, but not in the carefree ways of years before. At least I can say that for myself. I am nervous, scared even. It has really clued into me this year that we are putting his life on the line doing this. So stupid. I was sitting at the kitchen table writing a list of every possible place that we may have touched (no, I don't mean it that way), and realize that I have a page long list. Things as simple as the computers, door frames, and door handles to laundry baskets, cutlery drawer and couches. We have eaten at the same place every time and we wash our hands after every meal but my stomach is aching with the fact that we have really been doing something stupid. So, no more for me. Not ever - I can't take the chance any longer. I would never forgive myself if something happened. I think many people say, "don't worry, it's not that bad, it'll be fine", etc, but that's not the case. Thank God I have woken up.

On a lighter note -

To My Boys -
Hello sweet loves, how are you? Your nightly calls are great and I love to hear about your adventures. I bet you're showing all the other kids how biking is really done. Have you been making bets on Mini Golf? Your dad and I miss you and are thinking of you. We're envious of all the sun and sand and swimming you have been into. Don't get used to it, though. You will be back to mowing the lawn, making supper and doing the laundry as soon as you get back. Be good to amma and baba and to each other. I love you, mom.

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

I guess the peanut butter all over the place is a good reason to clean, n'est ce pas??? I couldn't resist that one. When I was vacuuming today, the boys asked what I was doing. Sterling got it after he read it but said you wouldn't be hurt, you'd laugh.

Sterling wants you to know that he is riding with no hands and is doing a great job turning and steering. Kaeden is doing so well swimming that we are all totally shocked. He swam the whole length of the pool and prefers to be in the deep end because then he has to swim or he will sink. He stayed underwater for 14 seconds today according to Sterling. I don't seem to remember that but I could have been sleeping. He told us that he almost drowned at least two times in the last couple of days. We are such good grandparents. I am water logged from being in the pool so much. I put my suit on in the morning and don't change until supper time. It's not a pretty sight. Sterling just said that I'm so old that he doesn't see how it could be. Such a charming child. The "white lightning" needs more bleach. Please supply for when we get to Courtice and I will do it.

Love to all, we're having a ball.