Wednesday 18 July 2007

Doh!




Well I've been cleaning furiously today, disinfecting every surface we may have touched after eating peanut butter and even those I'm sure didn't (the base of the toilet bowl), of course, who am I to say what Shannon does when I'm not around. (She'll be sorry for asking me to guest host the blog :)

While I was at it I took the opportunity to tidy the kids rooms. (Shannon will say I'm obsessed with it but really I just like to be able to walk in there without impaling my foot on a jagged toy) As I was going through Sterling's room, I noticed the framed picture he had from Kelly and Petrica's wedding of all the 'boys'. I thought it was misaligned in the frame so I took it apart only to find he had folded the picture so only he was showing. Since it was a picture of just the boys, it must have been a day when he was pissed with either me or Kaeden, too funny. I should probably think its obnoxious if I wasn't laughing so hard.
On a positive note, I also found a couple of notes Kaeden wrote to Sterling (they weren't exactly hidden so I figure they're fair game for the blog), one said "I love you with all my hart hi Sterling your the best from Kaeden". Such great kids and according to their Amma they are getting along great!

Finally, in honor of the new Simpsons movie and the fact I have nothing better to do with my time, I took the opportunity to 'Simpsonize' my family.
Simply visit http://www.simpsonizeme.com/ and follow the directions. Takes awhile especially during peak times but the pictures at the beginning of this post is what we would look like if we were to appear on a Simpson's epsiode 'Aye Carumba!'.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Checked your blog after talking to you and you did great!! Couldn't figure out who the four people were when I first opened it but after reading further, guessed it to be your family - you know your mom and dad Craig - the Simpsons are not our favorite to be watching! I guess if that's the way of Sterling handling his anger - it's a pretty good way. Easy way to tune people out for awhile. Kaeden's little note is so precious - it's a keeper (maybe for someone's wedding down the line!) Have a great weekend with Sterling & Kaeden and give them a BIG HUG from Grampa & Gramma - we can hardly wait to see all of you - a little better than 3 weeks! LOVE YOU LOTS! Shannon - hope you're having a super time in Chicago and that everything is going great!

Denis & Irene said...

Good job on the blog Craig, and the house too. The boys were anxious to get home today, they really missed you and Ketchup. I thought that was so funny. One said, "I miss my dad 1st and Ketchup 2nd". I said, What about your Mom. He looked at me as if I was nuts and said, "Well, she's 1st with Dad, of course". There was no question in his mind of the placement.

We've had a great two weeks and look forward to the next two. On one of the nights, around 11.30, we told the boys that it was bedtime as we were tired. The next day Sterling said that we were so old because we couldn't stay awake. Since then, I've taken a picture of him whenever he's fallen asleep, anywhere but his bed. They have both fallen asleep in the car during a 15 minute ride and Sterling always falls asleep prior to the end of the DVD. It's humbled him somewhat because now every time he wakes up he says, "If you've taken my picture I'm gonna throw your camera out the window". With all this proof we have, I doubt if he's going to bug us again about one early night.

We did another 20 km. on the bikes yesterday, the boys do awesome and we just love it. We could go all day in this calm climate and just be pleasantly tired at the end of the day. No wind, just wonderful sun and light rain, the best. I guess I'm going to have to break down and buy a new bike. My spray paint job sucks and my back tire is treadless, not from spinning the wheel just from all the weight it has to carry.

Anyway, it's the real world today, cooked supper and did 5 loads of laundry, huh, I guess I live in the real world just about every day. Saw grandma today and we'll take her for lunch tomorrow. She looks amazing for someone that's 96.

Look forward to seeing you Sunday Shannon.

Love to all