Friday 17 February 2012

this weeks lunch



This weeks lunch is courtesy of Kaedo's lunch bag. They are loving their lunches these days and I am trying to stay away from a lunch packed with cookies and treats. Both for their health and my pocketbook.

Yesterdays lunch included the following:
Pizza (Costco)
Popcorn (microwave from Costco split into smaller bags. I get about 3 days worth)
Grapes (Costco - best deal ever!)
Orange (Clementines from Loblaws)
Strawberry Yogurt (Fresh Co. - Yoplait Source - they always seem to have yogurt on sale)
Cookies (peanut free LeClerc from Costco in individual packs - my one allowance of junk)
Love note

Lunchbags are coming home empty so I must be doing something right, Have you got any tips or ideas for lunches? I would love to hear them.

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Give then $2. and let them buy it. Seriously, that would be an easy way out but lunches have always been a source of frustration for a lot of moms. I hated making them and you girls hated eating them. I did loads of baking so in hindsight they weren't that healthy either. I don't think you need a lot of help in that department, Shannon, as you always pack them such good lunches, no wonder there's none left. I know Craig likes the extras you make for supper for his lunch the next day but I don't know if the boys would like the same. You've got a good thing going, keep it up.

Did nothing yesterday except get photos in order and named. Walked through this beautiful RV park that is a natural wonder. The Wolf River on one side and the bayou on the other. Huge expanses of grass and wonderful trees, rushes, toadstools and other delightful sights. Kept on the lookout for alligators as I love to explore along the edge of the Bayou and take photos of the plants, etc. No large birds which was a little disappointing, but lovely little song birds. It is overcast again this morning, but such a warm and gentle climate, love it.

No plans yet for today, but something will come up.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

Your lunches for the boys look delicious Shannon. I'm sure both Kelly & Craig don't remember a thing about what I made for them for their school lunches but your boys will. Stan took bag lunches for years working at the Research Station and for a few of those years, I made his lunch and then decided he could make them just as yummy himself. So as far as your question - any ideas for lunches - you are doing a great job at it already.

It was another beautiful day here today - sunny, blue sky and hardly any wind. It's 7:00 and -1 and the weekend sounds like the weather is going to be beautiful.

Have a fun FAMILY DAY together - BIG HUGS TO ALL!