Friday 10 February 2012

guess what?

A 16 year old just moved in! He tells me his name is Sterling and really he is only 14 but when I look at him he looks 16 to me. You see, he had all this beautiful hair, curls and everything. He hated it. Has for months. He kept saying to his mom and dad "I hate my hair", but they loved it and disregarded his pleas for a haircut. Apparently yesterday he had hit his breaking point and said he just had to have it cut. His mom was in tears but she took him to the local chop shop and he got all his beautiful locks cut off. Short hair for him. He loves it. His mom, not so much - she loved the long. So he had had enough and told his parents if they couldn't accept him with his new cut he was going to have to move. And so he did. He came to our house. When I first saw him I was sure he was 16 but he assures me that he's only 14. Thank god. I told him I wasn't old enough to be the mother of a 16 year old and because he was so cute I invited him to stay.
So here we are, a hippie no more. I took his picture but he hated it so no photo yet. I hope to get one this weekend.

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Good for you, Sterling, after all it's your hair, right? We love you so much no matter how long or short your hair is.

We toured Biloxi yesterday afternoon, getting our bearings and raiding the visitor centre for all the tours and such that we are interested in. The beaches are fabulous and there are loads of things to do. The weather is cooler and a chance for rain today. We want to take the historical Biloxi tour train today but it's open sided so we'll see how the weather is later.

Look forward to a photo of you Sterling, just say cheese.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

Also looking forward to see your "big good looking fellow's" new hair do. I only wish I had half of his beautiful hair on top of my head. I'm sure the short hair does make him look more mature than he is - we also don't want him to be 16 yet - we're too young grandparents to have that old of a grandson - right Denis & Irene!

It is another gorgeous day here today - blue sky, sun shining and hardly even any wind. It is -14 but it is still beautiful and hardly any snow at all. It was snowing all day yesterday off and on but the flakes were so small and barely coming down that there's nothing to mention.

Hope you have a great weekend - BIG HUGS TO ALL!