Wednesday 22 February 2012

Hot Yoga

All I can say is Holy Shit. Yesterday I took my first Hot Yoga class and while I struggled in some places and was more of a pretzel stick then a twisted variety, I enjoyed myself. 100F is warm and it gets warmer. As someone who doesn't sweat generally, I didn't have to contend with that as some of my counterparts did but I was hot - and I don't mean that in a good way. There is something very demoralizing about a room full of mirrors when you have 100lbs on every other person in the room and their downward dog doesn't look like there are other things facing downward. Last but not least, the lack of clock in the room had me forgetting to breathe and wishing for some type of super power or sundial that would tell me what the damn time was. "Apparently" you are just supposed to enjoy the moment and not worry about the time. I did not get that memo.

I finished up on a high note, happy that I had accomplished that and was feeling good and ready to go again tomorrow. The people were kind and the facility beautiful and I really thought it was a good use of my time. Then I woke up. I swear to you I am not lying - even my boobs hurt. I know I am meant to be working my core but have my boobs dropped so much they are considered part of that general area? Yikes! What will tomorrow bring?

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

LOL! LOL! You really should write a comedy play or movie or something. I was visualizing what you had written and to me it was beautiful as you're mine, but I am still laughing as I understand what you are explaining. We are so glad that you felt the benefit from it and the soreness will go away and you may never want to give up going. Hope you start sweating as it's the way our bodies cool down, very healthy to sweat during exercise, smelly but healthy. You obviously loved it, it shows through your writing.

We are in Robert, Louisiana. There is no Gulf, boohoo. The journey here was somewhat arduous as the map reader couldn't get it right and the GPS wanted us to go the way we definitely didn't want to go. Having said that, we crossed Lake Pontchartrain on the 37.6 km causeway south to north so no toll, but we were supposed to be north or it all the time. Oh well, must get a map, the signs really don't tell it all. It was a blast though and a beautiful trip as we were crossing water all the time, even when we weren't supposed to.

The temperature here is 28C and it's off season. There are about 250 sites and not more than 30 have residents. Hard to believe that temperature could be classed as off season. Where are all the snowbirds? It's on season for them.
We're here for a week and plan to do Baton Rouge, Lafayette and New Orleans. Probably only a day or two in New Orleans as we did a week there a couple of years ago.

Enjoy your class again tomorrow Shannon.

Love to all