Monday 6 February 2012

thanks boys!



Last night while getting ready for bed I asked Craig if we could move the armoire from the office into the living room because I was SOOOOO sick of having the laptop sitting on the kitchen table. He agreed with the caveat that I not move it myself. He said he would help me today when he came home.

As I was lying in bed, a thought came to me - maybe if I got the boys up just a little bit earlier, maybe I could convince them to help me. After all, I couldn't imagine waiting ALL DAY to get it moved. That's me - instant gratification!

So the boys got up this morning, got ready, had breakfast and I casually asked them if they would like to take on a little project with me. Well, with the three of us, some major brain power and a few muscles, we were able to move it, clean it, put the computer and periferals in it and bring in a chair.

And they didn't even miss the bus. Almost.

A special congratulations to my good friend Cheryl on the birth of her first grandson. I'm so happy for you and your family.

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Glad to see that you boys have more than just brains, muscles too, wow!
Hope you enjoy the new location of your armoire.

Panama City Beach has wonderful clean beaches, warm Gulf waters and a beautiful State Park. It is also on a par with Branson for being one of the tackiest places we've ever been. "Valentines Dance, Live Band features Woody and the Peckers" reads one sign. A very popular crab house restaurant advertises "get your crabs at Dirty Dicks". Dirty Dicks serves crab, Deadeye Dick serves beef. That's just an example, there are too many to mention.

We took our bikes and and went through the state park today. It has been voted the best in the US and deserves it. The campsites are right on the Gulf, the sand dunes are so awesome and the swimming area is just like an Amex commercial. We we're on a jetty when a deer came up to drink and then we heard a splash and an alligator jumped back in the water. It couldn't have been more than 30 ft. from us but we weren't in any danger. Nothing beats seeing wild animals in their natural habitat instead of a zoo. There was a sand crane nest not too far away and we watched as they went back and forth. The bird variety was just awesome. Yesterday we went to the Pier for lunch and then walked on the beach for miles; before lunch and definitely after lunch. Ted and Cheryl are coming from De Funiak Springs tomorrow so that we can go for lunch. They are headed east as we go west but we'll meet up again in Arizona. This will be the second time this week that someone staying in De Funiak Springs has come here for lunch with us. We'd like to go there to see what it's like but everyone prefers the water and beach.

We are looking forward to our next destination. We leave here for Biloxi, Mississippi on Wednesday and we'll stay there for a week. It's right on the Gulf but we'll be staying about 10 miles inland. The difference in cost for the RV park will pay for our fuel to Arizona. The plus is that we always enjoy our Coast to Coast parks even though they're a little removed from the hub. We found out today that this gorgeous park we're in is owned by the bank. That's probably why it's such a dud. Beautiful but no daily happenings.

Weather is still beautiful although it cooled down some in late afternoon. Needed a light fleece as we walked along the beach, possibly because I was up to my calves in the salt water. Beautiful as the sun goes down.

Love to all