Sunday 28 November 2010

What's on your agenda?

Today is the first day of my weekend and I am looking forward to spending the day with the fam. Craig was kind enough to take Kaedo to soccer this morning for his 9am game as I was still in bed (there are benefits to working until midnight). We are heading out shortly to see the new Harry Potter movie - love SCENE points! - and then Sterling plays at 4pm. Grey Cup is on this evening so the boys and I will be upstairs watching tv in our room while Craig cheers on his team downstairs.
In other news, my hunky husband's team won his football championship. He also won MVP and another honor. So happy for him. He looks a little worn out today but I know he will be back to playing pick-up ball next Saturday morning. I was thrilled for him and I know he deserves all the honors he got.
I can't believe Christmas is less than a month away. Kaedo has purchased his Secret Santa gift and I have as well. That's about as far as I've gotten. I have lists and lists and hope to make my first large purchase on Thursday night.
Thursday is an exciting day here as Craig was given two tickets to see the Oilers vs. Leafs play in Toronto. He and Kaedo will be joining the 1000's of other people flocking to the arena for a night of fun. Kaedo is super excited and anyone who knows Craig knows he's excited but doesn't show it. Kaedo will be sporting his Leafs Blue and Craig will be decked out in his Oilers gear. I'm thrilled that both of them are getting the chance to go.

Happy Sunday everyone.

3 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Good afternoon!! - Glad to hear you got to sleep in this morning Shannon. Hope your day is going great. How'd you do in soccer Kaeden? I'm sure you had a fun morning.

You've probably got home from the Harry Potter movie and on the way to Sterling's soccer by now. We went to church this morning and then we met the Klassen family for lunch at Houston Pizza for buffet. Betty Anne and Gerry were travelling through from Olds and they arrived safe and sound around 1:30 or so. The weather was not very nice this morning and I guess the roads were very bad coming here this morning. They are heading home after Betty Anne and Esther go over to visit Mom K. It seems to have eased up abit as far as the snow goes.

Congratulations Craig on your football achievements!!! Way to go! Also, how exciting for you and Kaeden to take in an Oiler/Leaf game!! It would be lots of fun listening to the both of you cheering for opposite teams. HAVE FUN!!

Christmas is coming very, very quickly - wait till we tear the November calendar away!! As of tonight - 26 more sleeps - WOW! Shannon, I've started making a list of things for you to pick up for our Christmas supper and I'll give you a call within the next few weeks to confirm a few things.

We just got home a few minutes ago and we're waiting for Hank & Jewel to come over to watch the Greycup game with us. It starts late so we're just going to have snackies and then at half time we'll serve the party pack and BBQ wings and bake up the apple pie we picked up from M&M's. We sure hope we get to cheer lots this afternoon.

Love you all - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Sleeping in.. what a waste of the day!!! Sometimes wish I could do that but it's not possible. The latest this trip has been 8.40 and then I was so annoyed that I rushed through coffee so that I could be ready at my usual time.

Great weather here today, it rained of course but there were also lots of sunny breaks. Just about finished the Xmas shopping except for the online stuff. The sales here were fantastic although Macy's was a real disappointment. JCPenney was definitely the place to spend your money today.

Dan and Laura left around 10 as they have been on the road for seven days and are only 6 hours from home. Dan wants much warmer weather so they plan to be in Yuma for Tuesday. We'll be in Trinidad, Ca. where it will be cool and probably rainy but it's warm rain.

Congratulations Craig on your MVP award. Happy that your team won the champsionship also. We know you'll have a wonderful time at the hockey game Kaedo, Go Leafs. We miss spending the Grey Cup with the Stauffers, always had such a nice day with them and the gang. We haven't watched TV since we left but I'm going to see if I can get the game on the computer. It's not worth the hassle for Denis to have to get the dish out. Our roof one isn't working so we may have to look for another one once we hit Arizona, if we get there.

This is a gorgeous spot on Coos Bay, there's no snow and we're wearing our Birks. Life is good.

Love to all

KPJC said...

Very cool about the hockey game - more than likely I will be watching so wave. We are excited about Christmas as well, but have not bought our gifts yet. At least not the Secret Santa ones. Our Christmas is Light Sabres, Composite Mini Sticks, DSI and other wonderful surprises. Hope you have a great week.