Thursday 4 November 2010

100


On Sunday we had the opportunity, much to our delight, to celebrate GG's 100th birthday. As she had been quite sick, we were not sure if we were going to get the opportunity. On Saturday night the concern was she may not live until Sunday. It was heartbreaking to see my dad so sad. While she has said she has lived long enough and certainly doesn't want to see her 101st birthday, it was sad to see her struggle and sad to see my dad so torn between wanting to be with her and wanting her to go. However, my GG being my GG wouldn't let a minor thing like a broken rib and pneumonia stop her from celebrating such a huge milestone. So we met her in the manor's library and celebrated with some food, some entertainment by Emma, and brief visit.

While I hate to say it, I hope she gets her wish, and one day falls asleep and finds herself in heaven.

1 comment:

GrmpaGrmma said...

What a wonderful family picture! I agree with you Shannon - hope GG gets her wish - 100 years of life would be lots for me. Everyone looks great, even GG for not feeling up to par.

Hope you're having a great day - it's beautiful here again today, blue sky, sun shining and abit of a cool wind. Stan is outside mowing lawn!! He keeps saying one more time to keep all the leaves picked up. As soon as I hear the mower stop, we'll have a quick bite to eat. He's going over to help his brother-in-law again this afternoon. I'm getting two Christmas shoe boxes ready to take to the church on Sunday. I bought for a 5-9 year old boy and girl.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!