Saturday 16 October 2010

Silly Bands




Say What??? Anyone with children from 5 to 15 has no doubt heard about Silly Bands. What they are are elastic bands that are shaped and you wear them in a big jumbled mess on your arm. There are thousands of different ones and the kids share them and trade them like they did Pokemon cards, back in the day. Sterling currently wears 15 of them on his wrist and Kaedo just came across a package of Toy Story ones today so he has 20 more to add to his collection. They are cute and fun and the kids could collect worse things. My only question is...why the hell didn't I think of that???

Sterling went to Applefest this morning with his friend C and his family. They had a great time, had McDonalds for lunch, went back to C's house and played XBox and now they are here riding bikes and hanging out. C is staying for supper tonight and they are having frozen pizza. According to his mom he would eat cardboard to get out of having what they are having for supper, so we're glad to have him. The constipation from the cardboard would give me guilt. Ha.

Kaedo played with L this morning and then he and I hung out for a while. I start work in 20 minutes - 4-midnight. Not my favorite shift, but what can you do?

Tomorrow Kaedo plays soccer at 8am. I was supposed to be missing this one due to working tonight but I was pleasantly informed by my darling husband that he has football AGAIN and won't be able to take him. So, alas, I will be up at 7am getting him to soccer. Sterling plays at 6pm and we are hoping to see the new Bruce Willis movie, RED, in the afternoon. Love me some Bruce Willis.

The boys have a PA Day on Monday so I will get to sleep in and plan on doing just that.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Haven't heard of these Silly Bands - maybe haven't hit S.C. yet. Too bad you didn't think of something like that - I'm sure whoever did is a rich person by now.

Sounds like the boys Saturday was busy and fun.

By the time I'm answering this Shannon, you will be done work - hope you can get to sleep right away because your Sunday sounds very busy. Hope we get a chance to visit for abit on Sunday inbetween soccer, shows and soccer. There's a Roughrider game on tomorrow afternoon and then another Bronco game in the evening. Leonard gave me his hockey ticket for tonight so it was my first Bronco game and they won 4-1 against Brandon.

I put my summer clothes away today and got out winter ones - I don't like doing it but I think our beautiful weather will soon be gone.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!!

Denis & Irene said...

I'm going to look for some of those but I've never heard of them. Removable bands are way better than permanent tattooes though boys.

Great weather this weekend and it's supposed to be ok this week. The flowers have bit the dust after our -5C temperatures overnight on the weekend.

Denis is counting down as his last day is Friday. It's been a good six months but he's ready to be finished. The girls came for their final sleepover with Amme and Baba on Saturday night. It was very fun and we got to look after them until supper time on Sunday. Denis cleaned and rolled up the awning and cleaned the slide awnings, took off and cleaned the wheel covers, the carpet, tablecloth and brought in all the lights. The motorhome looks almost abandoned as only the BBQ is left out for this week's meals. I'm getting rid of stuff that we haven't used this year and packing up extra items for when Jessica and the girls come to visit us down south. Avery will need a lawn chair by then and we have a portable highchair and all the other stuff a small child needs. As they won't need summer clothes up here, we can take all their clothes with us also.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Love to all