Tuesday 5 October 2010

Fall Is Here









Fall cleanup was in full swing on Sunday afternoon. The trampoline came down, chairs, table and deck box put away. I hate doing that kind of thing, but it isn't fair to Craig that he have to do it all. We all worked together and were able to get everything done and stored away in a couple of hours. Now we have it done and aren't waiting until it's cold out and we have to wear gloves. The flower beds are all pulled up and now we quietly await Winter to makes it's entrance. Hoping for a wonderful Winter like last year. For now we will enjoy Fall and all the great things that come with it. Wearing sweaters and scarfs, doing our annual pumpkin picking afternoon along with our yearly family picture, pumpkin carving, seed eating, family visiting and cool winter evenings sitting back together watching movies.
Happy Fall, everyone.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Fall cleanup is such a sad time for me - I have so many summer ornaments, windchimes, etc., etc., etc. sitting around our yard and love having them and everything looks so bare and dreary now. We're so glad we got working around the yard and putting things away yesterday because it was beautiful out and they predicted a chance of rain for today and of course, it started raining around 8:30 a.m. this morning. Oh well, pretty soon we'll be putting out my Christmas "stuff" and it will brighten up the yard again.

Today I went to my Line Dancing, I have a massage at 1:00 and then Stan & I are helping at a funeral at our church. Not sure how helpful I'll be after my massage because I'm usually so relaxed and tired but I guess I can pour coffee.

Hope you're all having a great day - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

I love to see "Men at Work". Craig, your hair looks long and grey, must be my eyes???? We still have our flowers out and with the rain overnight they are looking very nice again. I'm the only one in the park with flowers still in bloom...really can't figure that one out.

Went to Lethbridge today, a real whirlwind trip. Picked up Denis's paperwork for his shoulder appointment, did a tiny bit of Xmas shopping, picked up my ring at the jewellers, had lunch with Jan & a Dr. appointment. Got home, picked up Denis and went to Costco. I love days like this when it's non-stop all day. Really hate looking for things to do, won't be a problem this week.

We're getting ready to mapquest 100 different routes to Astoria, Oregon. Once we're there it will be coast road all the way. 100 there isn't, but there are lots and it's all beautiful I'm sure.

Any hints on what to buy someone for their 100th birthday!!!

Love to all