Friday 17 September 2010

New Office

Warning - very picture heavy post!
So, yesterday I thought my new life as was about to begin. I went into the office yesterday and was advised that AllStream would be here today to finish up the set up of my home office and that going forward I would be working from home. I said goodbye to many of my co-workers and packed up everything that had accumulated over the last 20 months. It was a great feeling if not a little bittersweet. I have loved my job at the centre but for our family's sake as well as financially it made sense to make the move to working at home. Last night Craig and I set up the computer and got everything ready for the final visit this morning. AllStream was here at 8:55am and within 20 minutes they advised me that Bell screwed up somehow (although Bell told me on Wednesday that there were no problems) and that the final steps could not be completed. I am bummed. They told me they hope to have it fixed today but there is no knowing for sure. So now it is a waiting game. The installer that came today said I should hear something this afternoon. Here's hoping. If we can't get it settled today, I will be back in the centre tomorrow, working there.

Anyway, enough about that. I have had quite a few questions about my new office space so I thought I would post some pictures. The paint color is called "Serene Sky" and Craig did a fantastic job of painting it for me. I absolutely love it. It is a calm and restful color, that is just bright enough to keep my spirits high. I am loving it.

The pictures you see below are some of the things the boys have given me over the years that I love and I have them stuck to my magnet boards over my desk, as well as my collection of Precious Moments and other pictures I have collected and saved. Our home computer is in the armoire and we are just waiting on a new chair. The armoire and my new desk are both made by the same company, so they look pretty cool together.

Craig and the boys built the desk for me about 3 weeks ago and it looked to big! Once my 22" monitor (yipee) was set up, the desk didn't look so big anymore!

Craig has really made this space into a place where I will enjoy spending time and I look forward to all the challenges and accomplishments that will come with this new adventure. Here's hoping everything gets worked out today and I will be on the phones, from home, tomorrow at 4pm!






















2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Your office looks beautiful and we wish you all the best!! Hope everything got working for you today.

We had SUN today!!! It was cool but sooooo good to see that bright yellow thing in the sky. Tomorrow they are forcasting rain/snow!!!

We're getting ready to watch Roughriders play Calgary - hope they show up for this game!!!

Talk to you Sunday - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

It looks like you'll have a great place to work in. It is so bright and personal. The photos, crafts and collection will make you feel surrounded by love.

I'm sure they'll get it fixed up for you sooner than later. Good luck on your first day at home.

It was sunny here today which is an unusual occurance. Hope it's nice for our BBQ tomorrow otherwise there'll be 9 of us squeezed into the motorhome. Actually, we've had some great times with a full house.

Love to all