Thursday 9 September 2010

Monopoly Intergalactic Style

Sunday night and Monday morning the boys and I had a marathon game of Star Wars Monopoly. Sterling was CP30, Kaedo was Chewbacca and I was BobaFett. Craig and I bought this limited edition Star Wars set back in 1996 and it has only been played 3 times in the 14 years. We didn't have anything to do Sunday night as Craig was watching the Riders game, so we thought, why not? One thing I learned about playing this game is that Sterling is the Donald Trump of the Intergalactic world and I "pity the fool" that plays with him. While the game took about 4 hours in all over the two days, Sterling ended up owning all the property and all our money. He was ruthless in his purchasing of colonies and Starships and I was really impressed at how he played. We had a lot of fun. Now we don't have to play it again for another 14 years.




1 comment:

Annette said...

I try to only play monopoly every 15 years too! Your post reminded me of a story....

When we were on our honeymoon it POURED for 2 weeks straight. Well theres not a lot to do indoors in Calgary or Banff except shopping, so after a few days of that we got a bit bored and bought 4 board games....yeah I know who plays boardgames on their honeymoon.... we got that comment alot.

Anyways, we bought Monopoly because Jeremy wanted it, but I unfortunately didn't tell him it wasn't such a great idea and I envisioned our marriage ending that week. I have a weird, overwhelming competitive streak when it comes to monopoly and get very upset if I don't win (weirdly just in monopoly) so after 3 games of it, I was a pretty sore loser. Did I mention that I've NEVER won a game of monopoly.... Even after he tried ridiculously hard to let me win the 3rd game I still lost! We vowed then and there that we'll never play monopoly together again. So a few weeks after our honeymoon, Jeremy's parents gave us a copy of monopoly they had gotten on vacation but we couldn't open it....we've got a few copies kicking around the basement now, but we don't dare play them.... maybe on our 10th Anniversary just for laughs....