Friday 27 September 2013

The Big One-O

Today is the big 10 - 10 years ago the boys and I moved to Ontario. Craig had been here a couple of months already, so it was just the three of us on that day. Man, was I scared. Would I hate it? Be too homesick? Hate Ontario? Would their school suck? Doctors suck?

10 years later I can say that the only place I'd rather live is overseas. A new adventure. I don't regret moving across the Country. We have a wonderful life here. The boys go to great schools. The extra-curricular activities are abundant (and we've done them all - except hockey and lacrosse). The doctors are great and our neighbors are fantastic. Can you ask for much more?

I rounded up a bunch of pictures from over the years. They in no way show even 10% of our lives. I must have 10,000 pictures from the last 10 years. They have grown up here. This is their home. And while we still miss our families, this is where we belong.

So, Happy Anniversary to us!


Argos Game


Bat Boy - stunning - love this picture!


Sterling still has the best hair around


Bowler!


Damn they're cute!


Canada Day 2004 - Ontario Place


So many hours of fun - Thanks Anti!


Christmas Lists, when they used to actually write lists


Last Christmas


Kaedo


My Guys


We've always been a bit nuts - this is just the proof!


Disney 2010 - Our first family vacation



The drive-in


Fall Clean-Up - 2012




First Bike Ride to school - 2008


First movie without us - I sat in the parking lot the whole time! haha


So cute!


Bigger pool for bigger boys - thanks Anti!


My guys!



3 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

WOW!!! 10 years already - it is hard to believe. Guess that means that I've been retired for 10 years as well - how the years fly by when we're having fun - RIGHT! So glad that everything is working out for all your family - still don't like that you're so far away BUT that you're all doing great!

One month today since mom's passing. Will be with my sisters today and we will remember all the good times we've had for many years with mom.

Four more sleeps till Gail & I are in San Diego with cousin Joan!! Right now there are more butterflies in my tummy than in our house! Still can hardly believe that I am going on this trip. It will be a healing time for both Gail & I and at the same time such fun for all of us. Love my hubby to pieces for giving me this time with my cousins. Gail promises him as many rhubarb/strawberry pies as he wants anytime!!

Hope everyone is having a great day. Celebrate your 10 years in a wonderful place together today and BIG HUGS TO ALL!

GrmpaGrmma said...

Hi again - meant to mention how WONDERFUL all the photos are that you put on the BLOG - loved them all.

Denis & Irene said...

Great photos, boy, do they bring back memories. Hard to believe it's only been ten years, seems like forever. So happy that you have family there that you enjoy so much.

Enjoy your time in San Diego, Shirley. It's a fun city with lots of great restaurants and so much to do. It's a great place just to put on the walking shoes and walk for miles. Enjoy!

The park Happy Hour was a huge success yesterday and the hors d'oeuvres were wonderful. I got home just as Denis was walking in the door. Friends dropped in around 8 and we had a good chat. Date night tonight, so we'll head to Bully's and hope they have horses to race. Very sparse racing this year.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Love to all