Sunday 3 February 2013

Week 19


I know I say it every week, "Yikes, week ........, already!" And yup, I'm saying it again. Week 19 - my oh my!
The kids are good, Craig is happy and I'm looking forward to sitting down and watching my first ever episode of "Downtown Abbey".

The Super Bowl is starting shortly, and Craig is already hibernating in the basement. He played football for about 4 hours this morning in a tournament. His team came in 2nd (Yay! Craig!).

I spoke with my mom and dad this morning and the boys and I spent some time the three of us. We then all went to Costco to pick up a few things for the week (like 8 litres of milk) and then came home to do this.

By the way - see the coat Sterling is wearing???? I have a picture of Craig wearing that coat pushing Sterling is his stroller when he was about a week old. Sterling loves that coat. Would wear it to bed if he could. Which he can't.

I'm off to play SkipBo with Kaedo . We're using GG's cards. They were part of the gifting that came to Kaedo when she died. He loves them. He's going to kick my butt, as he's one of those kids who just has an insane knack for card games, checkers, etc. I'm worried he will be a professional gambler when he grows up.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Great photo once again and love the jacket on Sterling!

Haven't heard of the show - Downtown Abbey, Shannon - there are so many new shows coming on in February but alot of them haven't been ones that I think I'll watch. Saturday night was a night of reruns, reruns, reruns so I even got Stan upstairs and we played 3 games of Yatzee (I won 2 of them!) When you mentioned playing SkipBo with Kaeden, Stan & Robert take SkipBo over to the Care Centre when they go to visit Mom Klassen but Mom doesn't even play with them anymore. There's another lady Martha Weimer who waits for Robert & Stan to come for their visit so she can play cards with them. Her mind is excellent but her body has failed - so sad. Did Kaeden beat you? We do enjoy playing cards with both boys when we're together. We really enjoyed playing the Golf card game with them.

It is a beautiful morning here - blue sky, sun shining and 0 degrees!! Hope it stays like this all of February with no storms!

Wishing you all the best this week - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Yikes is right. I remember that coat Craig, it looks as good on Sterling. Great photo again boys. More handsome (if that's possible) than ever.

Had a great time at Super Bowl. We went to the Q with some friends. Roz went early and got us a table. We said we'd only stay for an hour or so, that was at 4 pm, we said goodnight at 9.30. First half sucked, but the second half was amazing. The children signing America the Beautiful from Sandy Hook school had us all in tears. Thought Jennifer Hudson was the perfect singer to sing along with them considering her horrible nightmare. Alicia Keyes certainly sounded out of tune after her. The commercials were amazing, as usual.

GG's favorite game was Skipbo. Thank you Kaedo for keeping up her talent to win. Professional gamblers do pretty well for themselves if they're good, Shannon. Friend's son is one and although they are dismayed, they have to admit that he has never asked them for a cent in the 15 years he's been at it. They're actually going to Vegas to watch him in a tournament in February.

Had coffee on the lanai this morning again. 23C in the shade at 10 a.m. Went for my walk in the desert, then came home for lunch. Picked up my computer, went for groceries, and had a great campfire with our neighbors. They had brought some mesquite wood over and it burns for hours. A nice relaxing day!

Glad to hear the weather is improving up there. It is here also.

Love to all