Wednesday 27 February 2013

Wednesday


So, you all know Tulips are my favorite and I think I mentioned that last week or the week before I got my first bouquet of the year. I love them so. They still look so beautiful and I love how they lean toward the light shining in the back window during the day.

Last night I asked Kaedo if he would take a picture of them or one and this was one of the pictures. Man that kid really knows how to snap a picture. I have never been able to do that 'blurry background/sharp foreground thing' and he has mastered it.

Anyway, starting to feel better but still not great. Have to be back at work on Friday so I need this medicine to work!

Had some cuties here with me today while we had a snowday. Sterling's school was out of power and Kaedo's had only kids that there were no options for. Buses were cancelled. So, they paid for their free day by shoveling snow.  Boy did they shovel. Total packing snow, so heavy Kaedo was moving it with his hands.

Anyway, tomorrow back to school for both of them and I am going to get better!

By the way - 2 month extension on my contract! Good until April 30.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

What a gorgeous photo - Kaeden is truly a great photographer!

Congratulations on the extension on your contract Shannon. Glad to hear you're feeling abit better and hope that medicine kicks in real quick.

We wondered if you guys got the storm that was predicted. Glad you had guys to help shovel all that snow.

We just had more sad news tonight. I got a call from Gail and she said that her sister (who just passed away January 22) her husband Luke passed away today of a massive heart attack. So sad and Gail just barely got home from settling things for her sister and now has to go back to Lillooet because her and her brother Glen are Executors to the Will. There will be a double funeral for Janice and Luke in Penticton in the summer. My thoughts and prayers are with Gail at this time.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

great photo Kaeden. Hope you feel better like really quick Shannon because tomorrow is THursday/... and guess what... you have to work on Friday. Sorry to hear such sad news from you Shirley.

Today I vacuumed and washed floors on my hands and knees. The upright vacuum fell on my computer screen so now I'm using a lap top with a monitor. Hey boys, dibs on the monitor for when I'm done with it. For $100 there was no way I was buying a new computer when mine isn't even 2 years old. The set up isn't great for such a small area but it's better than the alternative. I can't believe I crashed my screen.

Went to Mexico for lunch and to buy some drugs that I'd run out of. They are more expensive than we pay in Canada but I'd screwed up and I needed them. You have to have a prescription to cross back into the US if it is for pain killers or narcotics but I just needed cholesterol pills, so no problem. Came back to Yuma, did laundry, went for happy hour with friends, had a nice dinner and huge fire. No fires allowed from here north so we had to burn all our wood. Had some wonderful mesquite, burns a long time but not too hot. Denis had some 2x4s that were way hotter.

Last day in Yuma, heading to Parker tomorrow morning. We always have fun there and have friends to help us share the fun. Although we won't be home for about 5-6 weeks, this really feels like our move north. Sucks big time but you've got to go home or the US government will seize all your world wide assets.

Hope your weather is good

Love to all