Thursday 7 February 2013

Thursday - yuck!

So why is it yuck? I have to go to the dentist tonight and that SUCKS! Really, really sucks!
To explain how much I dislike going to the dentist would take much more time (and space) than I have. Craig is so obsessed with his teeth, I think he secretly brushes and flosses after having his morning coffee.

I think the other reason I hate going is that I know I have a cavity - at least that's all I hope it is - so I would rather live in denial than go. How terrible is that?

Also, Snowmaggedon has come to our part of the world and everyone is freaked out. Obviously these people have never lived in Alberta or Saskatchewan. I don't think anyone has broken out their snow blowers yet here and I know for a fact my father-in-law is on a first name basis with his. I think he calls him Henry. We'll see how much snow it brings and then giggle and laugh, happy that we have teenagers who have to shovel. As my sister says, "bhahahahaha".

Lastly, I have been given the opportunity to have an interview for a new position within my company. That will happen on Monday. I am really hoping to WOW the interviewer and get this new job!

Well, I've put it off as much as I can, and since I only have to walk around the corner to go to the dentist, I can't use the weather as an excuse, I must go.

Happy Thursday All!

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Oh wow, I hate the dentist also. We are having a dilemma. The dentist or the hearing aid guy!!! I know that the hearing aids I need are $5300 in Canada. Our neighbor, to the right, is going tomorrow to get an estimate for aids in Mexico. The neighbor to the left, whose father was a dentist, is going to Mexico to have his implant re-implanted. He has been so sick with sinutitis that his implant got infected. The dentist, in Mexico, who did it originally, took it out and will redo it for free. I would love to get my teeth done, my bridges removed and implants done, but I don't know if I have the courage. We need new shocks on the motor home and a de-oxidization and wax, so that's my excuse.

We took friends to Signature Hill, or Graffiti mountain, as the tourist bureau call it. 20 km of pavement, 100 km of gravel and rock and ruts and... It was a great day, had a super time. Took all of 5 hours to do the short distance. We went back to their place for a glass of wine and then headed home for a fire and supper. They eat out every meal which is something we just can't do. I guess we like our own cooking better. Denis's aunt and her husband are coming for supper and a fire tomorrow so we look forward to that. We were going to go Organ Pipe National Monument on the weekend but the weather is supposed to turn quite cold and it would be colder there due to the altitude.

Good luck with your interview Shannon but I hope you get the one that closes on Friday. That would be better not only hour wise but you would kick ass with that position.

Enjoy the dentist. We'll probably go to Mexico on the weekend and see what the costs are.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

YUCK is right Shannon - I really hate going to the dentist. I think when we were young, our dentist was not very nice and it's left a very bad impression on me going to the dentist. BUT my dentist now is very, very nice and I don't get near as terrified going as I did years ago. Hope everything went okay for you.

Thinking of you guys today and hoping that weather doesn't keep you housebound for too long. I agree with you that if you've never lived in Saskatchewan or Alberta during the WINTER months, you have no idea what winter is like! Stan really did enjoy using his snowblower again this winter - sure saves on the back.

Wishing you all the best with the job interviews Shannon and hope you get something that will work for all of you.

We have another beautiful sunny, blue sky day today - temp. is -9 and hardly any wind, got to love it! I'm heading out shortly to meet Linda for our day together. We went over to the Pioneer Lodge to take mom out for lunch on Wednesday. When we go for a visit there, we have to wear masks and poor mom can't figure out what's going on plus sometimes I really don't think she knows who we are with them on, so we figured we would just take her out where all the germs are! It seems so silly with the masks because some wear them and some don't. When going into the hospital, everyone has to have a mask on and they figure that will be in place until spring.

Well, best get myself ready for the day - hope all is well with everyone and BIG HUGS TO ALL!