Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year!

What a Year!

Can you believe 2012 is over?

This year, I went back to work after a 17 month sick leave, mom and dad visited 3 times, the boys went to Washington DC, Stan and Shirley came and visited, Sterling started high school, Kaedo played his last year of rep soccer, Craig continued on his quest of playing 52 consecutive weeks of football ;), my brother in law and family got to spend a wonderful week at the most magical place on Earth, a friendship began with my aunt that has become very special to me, and my sister got settled into her new life.

We lost a very important person this Spring, my GG. She was an amazing woman and I still miss her very much. She is a part of my every day as I am still wearing her Rosary, as she asked. I can't help but think of her every morning when I slip it on.

We start family holidays today until the 7th, which is wonderful. I don't remember the last time we were all off together. We have no plans, aside from maybe a trip to the outlet mall (they have a Coach store - yikes!), but we will have fun hanging out, enjoying some time together.

From our family to yours, we are wishing you a wonderful New Year and hope that 2013 is everything you wish for it to be!

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND ALL THE BEST IN 2013!

It is hard to believe that 2012 is over. It has been a very busy year for you and your family. The months just fly by it seems. I thought I would go over our 2012 year and checked the months we went somewhere and the months we had company. We travelled lots of short trips and two big trips - P.A., Moose Jaw, Rosetown, Saskatoon, Regina, Calgary, Medicine Hat, Toronto and Anaheim. Checked for company we had starting in April staying at the S&SB&B (Stan & Shirley Bed & Breakfast) - P.A., Lloydminster, Lilloeet, Chilliwack, Calgary, Saskatoon, Rosthern, Grande Prairie, Edmonton & Foam Lake. The year truly does fly by when you're having fun! We moved mom back to S.C. in July which all us girls were so happy about. We maybe don't get over to see her any more often but at least we can if we want to. We've taken her out a few times - sometimes good, sometimes not so good but while she's out, she enjoys it.

Have a wonderful time together on your time off - hope you all get lots of down time to relax.

We had a fun New Years Eve together with Gord, Sandra, Robert & Barb. Played Canasta and even with the men "doing whatever it takes" (as Craig suggested to dad), we beat them 4 games to 1. They wouldn't give up and so our last game ended at 2:15 a.m. Lots of fun and laughter to start the New Year off right!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Happy New Year and all the best in Health and Happiness for 2013.

We had a great New Year's Eve with friends and family, lots of eats and champagne. Not too much though as everyone is feeling just fine today and getting ready to take the boat to the California side of Lake Havasu. We're going to have lunch over there.

So glad you got your TV, Craig and I'm sure everyone (including the sole female in your family) is enjoying it.

Batteries were not my idea of a Xmas present so tomorrow I'm going to look for high leather boots as everyone is wearing them and I know I'll get lots of wear throughout the year. They have to have buckles, flat heels and stand alone without sagging. Jessica has a majorly awesome pair but they are distressed and I don't really like that look for me. Wish me luck.

It is still cool here, loads of sun but the breeze is cool as there is snow all around us from the mountain 100 miles away.

Happy New Year everyone, hope 2013 brings only good things.

Love to all