Monday 14 January 2013

So sorry...

Craig received a very sad email this evening from Stan and Shirley about the death of a young man in their church family. As I read the email, I was so saddened to 'hear' the despair in Shirley's voice. I cannot imagine how a family rebounds from the death of a child, and yet I know both my grandmother's did. All I can say is I'm sorry. Shirley, you love with your whole heart, and if you say this family is truly one of the great ones, then I know it is true. While no family deserves to lose a child, it is that much harder when the family is so wonderful and only deserves the best things in life.

Please know we are thinking of you and we love you.

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

We are saddened also by your sad news. We know how deeply affected you would be by something like this as you are such caring people. We are thinking of you with love.

GrmpaGrmma said...

Thank you for your support. Stephen's funeral is on Monday and Stan & I have been asked to help serve. It will be a very, very tough day. I just got home from Line Dancing over at the Care Centre and as I look over the many old people there, it makes one wonder how can God take such a wonderful young 24 year old man when the ones at the Care Centre don't even know what's going on (including Stan's mom). I gave Mom Klassen a hug today and I know she didn't know who I was but her beautiful blue eyes lit up. Shannon, you mentioned both your grandmothers losing a child and they did get through it but what a sad thing to happen. We saw some pictures this morning of Pastor Rob and Wendy with their 4 children taken at Christmas time. They were all home and had such a wonderful time together and those are the memories that keep them going. They had 4 children - 2 daughters and 2 sons and this was the first year that Rob & Wendy would have the "empty nest syndrome". Thanks again for your thoughts.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!