Sunday 27 January 2013

Week 18


A bit different from our usual pose but it may very well be my new favorite. We had some emotions going on this afternoon and they did not want them caught on 'tape'. I told them to do what they wanted to do - but I had to see the gnome - and this was their choice. I do have to say, for anyone wondering, this is a true hug, not something goofy just for this photo. My boys truly love each other. They are each others best friend and when one is hurting, the other is there. Now don't get me wrong - there is nothing wrong anymore, it just ended up that everything occurred at once. I figured I would just roll with it.

Craig and I had a not so pleasant 3 hours (not exaggerating) drive home on Friday night.  We walked in the door at 7:48pm. Brutal snowstorm - awful.
Saturday was football and my chance to spend some time with Sterling. Kaedo and his good buddy Z spent the day filming a stop-motion Zombie Lego movie - sooooooo amazing!

Last night we watched some of the shows we had taped - one was so creepy I kept my hand over my eyes for much of it.  Problem is that the story is so damn good that I think it's got me sucked in.

This morning Craig and I went for breakfast then I came home and talked to my mom and dad. This afternoon was spent running errands and picking up some Valentine treats to send to the girlies and the littles. I had big hopes to get them mailed today but an urgent email from my aunt, "have just made donuts, come and get'em!" threw all plans out the windows. She let the boys pig out and even gave them hot chocolate. I think they may have been scarfing down my uncles after dinner snack, but I'm not sure.

And well, the weekend is almost over. It's 8:05pm and they boys are already in their rooms, listening to music and hanging out. Craig is upstairs watching tv or playing a game on his Playbook.

Tomorrow is another day and the 5 day countdown will begin. Happy Sunday All!

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Happy Sunday and what a great photo. They will be each others best friend for the rest of their lives. Distance is a real separater. We always want that sibling, child, relative in our lives but we move on to different places and although we love the person as intensely, they are not part of our daily lives anymore. Distance causes challenges in family dynamics.

Had an awesome time in Mexico, but unfortunately, the place we were going to stay was not quite what we expected. It was definitely not a wasted day. We drove down via the direct route but decided to take the back roads home. When the gas light came on we decided to pull over and fuel up at the next town and ask where we were as our map and their route numbers were not the same. Luckily we were on the right track but got in the wrong lane at the border which was great for us as we didn't have to wait. When we realized we were the only ones in that line and the other three lines were backed up for a mile, we knew something was wrong. We apologized, offered to turn around which we knew couldn't be done, and crossed in a record minute or two. It's easier to go from Mexico to the US than from Canada to the US.

Had a great dinner at Anti Laura and Dan's today. Denis fixed one of their window coverings and we had a great visit and meal. Hope to see them again next week as they have another blind to fix but I'd like to cook a meal for them at our place. We have to move Wednesday, but not sure where we're going yet. I guess we'll decide on Wednesday.

It's been brutally busy since we got here and we have plans until Thursday so far and it's only Sunday. I'll try to get the Kobo done next weekend Shannon, just didn't have time this weekend. It's on my list. Thanks for all the info on the movie list I gave you. Our favorite lunch place is just a block from the movie house and Lincoln plays at 2.50. Just gives us time to have lunch with friends and then we'll all go to the show. Someone once said to me years ago that the only thing to do in Yuma is watch the ambulances pick up seniors and take them to the hospital. They were wrong. There is so much to do here. It's been cloudy but warm today but it was raining tonight when we came home. Such a nice climate.

Time for bed, I'm falling asleep and Denis is already in dreamland. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

That is a great photo Shannon!

So sorry to hear you had a terrible trip home on Friday - glad you arrived safe and sound. We've had some pretty bad weather so far this winter as well and we're glad that we're not having to travel on days like that.

When we talked to Craig and he mentioned your auntie's donuts, I asked if they were similar to the ones Gramma Hendry used to make. We were just talking about them when us girls were together on Friday and we were saying that we used to bring our friends over when mom made them. Nothing like fresh donuts after school and we'd have them all eaten in a couple of days. Poor mom - working so hard to make them and we ate them up so fast. Mom never seemed to mind and always loved having our friends around. Same went for her fresh buns.

It is a beautiful Monday morning here - sun shining, blue sky, hardly any wind and it's only -11. I was out to Curves early, got dough on the go for buns, wash on the go and even got the vacuum cleaner out! YIKES! Wonder how long the ambition will last. Stan's off helping Jim Barber clear some garbage out of their Fabutan office and then we'll have lunch when he gets home. We're going to a surprise 70th b'day supper tonight so I don't have to worry about making supper but will miss out on a fresh bun. Oh well - warm it up in the microwave for a few minutes and it tastes like freshly baked.

Sounds like your still having fun Denis & Irene - busy, busy, busy - don't you wonder how you ever worked!! Take care and safe travels.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!