Wednesday 2 January 2013

Shopping Anyone??? Yes, please!

Today we spent the day travelling to some outlet malls around us. When I say around, I mean about 90 minutes away. First stop was Coach! I had been saving Christmas money (ask my mom, usually the cheque would be in the bank on Christmas Day) and still had the cheque in my wallet. I knew what I wanted. To start the New Year with a new Coach purse and wallet. The outlet store is so good because everything is marked down. Today my purse was 30% off then 30% off then 10% off. The wallet was $20 off then 30% off the 10% off. I was only spending the amount I had been gifted, and I came in $2 under. I was concerned that Craig might not be happy with my purchase but he said he was, that's what the money was for.

From there we headed to another mall, closer to home (only 20 minutes closer) and we spent the rest of the afternoon looking for size 14 gym shoes for Sterling. Yikes! We found a pair, but I swear I am going to chop his toes off if he grows any more.

Kaedo was looking for a new bunny hug and jeans and he scored on both. He also bought a bottle of 'burn your face off' hot sauce.

Craig didn't buy anything as he is still reveling in the wonder of his new TV. He plans to buy a sound bar (yikes) and maybe a stand. I must admit, albeit begrudgingly that the TV is pretty good. MacGyver looks great on it! Hottie! Ha!

Tomorrow is doctor appointments and an afternoon with friends - and hopefully a haircut for Sterling. He's starting to look like a woolly mammoth!

I can't believe it is already Wednesday night. Only 4 more days of holidays!
Just glad we're together.

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

So glad that you got what you wanted with your Christmas money. It was yours to spend how you wished as was Craig's. Glad you were both happy with your purchases. Jessica and I went shopping today but the boots I wanted didn't have my size so I bought another pair of shoes. That's three pairs in the last three weeks. I have to throw some out now as I have no more room. Great sales going on down here, wish there was more room to stock all this stuff.

Wow Sterling, size 14, that's not too much bigger than my 9-1/2s when you consider Baba only takes an 11. Kaedo, save some hot sauce for the summer as you know how much Baba loves hot sauce.

Glad you're loving your new TV Craig. Shannon, we'll be back in Vegas for an overnighter on the 9th and there is a huge DVD store there. I'll try to get the DVDs that you want. That's my first stop on the way in.

We had all our outdoor furniture put away as we leave here tomorrow
and then friends dropped by for happy hour. All the chairs had to come out again. The girls went out into the desert in a Ranger and just had a ball. Tomorrow we leave for Parker but we're back here in Havasu on Saturday for the Stock car races and to meet up with friends.

Don't know where the time has gone and can't believe that the family leaves in only one week. Such an awesome time we've had. Warmer weather would have been the bonus but at least it didn't snow or go below 0C. Friends from Lethbridge will be in Parker for a day or so prior to heading to El Centro. We'll meet up with them again in Quartzsite. So wonderful to see so many old and dear friends when we're down here. It's so awesome that so many of us can meet and have such special moments away from our normal base. Friends really are family when you're away from home.

Have plans until January 30th and then have none. Can't seem to commit to anything just yet. That's the fun of it. The book you sent really does give us ideas way beyond our preliminary thoughts. We'll let you know.

Love to all