Sunday 20 January 2013





Many Sundays when we do this there are a few outtakes. Actually we usually always get 'the shot', the first go, but Sterling loves to bug Kaedo while Kaedo cries out "I'm being attacked by a bear, ahhhhhhh". This week I thought I'd post the outtakes because Kaedo's face in the third picture is just so hilarious.

The weekend has gone by much to quickly. Yesterday Craig had football. Sterling went to N's house for the day and Kaedo and I were on a quest for some Lego minifigures. We finally found them and he was thrilled to bits. After we picked up Sterling we headed to the gym. Yes, you read that correctly, our family has joined a gym. I know Craig likes to work out, but I think he really went for this to get me there. The boys are loving it and it is something we can all do together. Plus it keeps them off the streets on Saturday night - ha! We finished the night off with homemade pita pizzas (which is why we had to go to the gym) and watched some MacGyver.

This morning Craig and I went down the block (literally down the block) and had our $2.49 breakfast. We try to make it a weekly date for an hour on Sunday morning. We go at 9:30am and the boys aren't even up yet. It works out great and then no matter what the week is like, we can try and plan on making that happen.

I spoke with my mom and dad this morning and it was great as always. I had a list of things to tell my mom this morning and forgot one thing. As I am writing this, I remembered what it was and forgot again. Oh my!

We then headed out to see a movie - if we could afford it we would go every weekend - and then headed to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things.

The boys have their volunteering tonight - Sterling has already gone and Kaedo goes in about 10 minutes. Craig is watching football and I am reading a great but just a tad creepy book.

Lots going on this week and I am hoping to post a couple of things.

Stan and Shirley, we will be thinking of you tomorrow as you attend the funeral for that young man. I know his parents will gather strength from you as they go through the most difficult time of their life.

And I will end on a happy note - Kelly and Tica, we are so happy to hear you have the opportunity to take a holiday next month. I hope it is warm an wonderful. The boys will be in the best of hands with their gramma and grampa.

P.S. This is my 1392 post! I can't believe you're still reading

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Love the outtakes!! Too funny!

Sounds like you guys had a very busy weekend and a fun one being together.

Thank you for your call today Craig. It was a long and sad, sad day. We were at the church to help cut buns and set up chairs by 9:30 a.m. We left the church around 11:15, had a quick bun and back at the church by 12:00 noon. the funeral started at 1:30 but there were people already coming by 12:00. They figured there were 700 people in the church to help support the Cochrane family. I hadn't talked to our pastor Rob or his wife Wendy yet so today when I saw them and hugged them, it was pretty sad. We just got home from cleaning everything up when you called Craig. Dad and I are sitting in the living room taking it easy for abit before we have supper which is quite easy because we got to bring home buns, cheese, cold meat and goodies from the church. Just don't feel like eating yet.

Thanks again for thinking of us today. Hope your day went well - love you all so much!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Sorry I didn't get the chance to comment on these great photos earlier. I've been having a running battle with wifi. The you broke it, you bought it phrase has to be reversed in this part of the country. It seems to be in a constant phase of broke. We sneak on from time to time, although, I must say it's been not too bad since I called them yesterday.

We had a great trip down yesterday and have arrived at a nice RV park that we frequent every year. Yuma is kind of like home when we're on the road. We have a couple of places that we feel are home so that cures the homesickness. Laundry, groceries, Mexican insurance on the agenda today as well as a visit with some friends from Lethbridge.

The weather was warm enough to sit outside until after dark and the door remained open until bedtime. First time this year. We would have had coffee on the lanai this morning, it was warm enough, but there is a hint of rain, not that it will discourage us from doing anything during the day.

Really happy about the family fitness program and hope you are enjoying it Shannon. I know the three guys are. It takes time to get into the groove but stay with it.

Have a great trip Kelly and Tica. Hope it's everything you want it to be. Hope you are starting to feel a little less sad, Stan and Shirley. I can't and don't want to know what that poor couple feel.

The only time we go to the movies is in Courtice or Yuma. Going to check out what's playing and get your opinion. We go at 4 pm so it's a great happy hour entertainment for only $4. each.

Love to all