Friday 11 January 2013

Friday

The weekend is here, the weather is great and we have two days before returning to the real world.
Sterling is winding down at school as the semester comes to an end. He will begin exams in only a few short weeks. This weekend we will be busy working on his final Independent Study Project for his Academic French class. Did I say we? Yikes! I meant him and I. Did I say him and I? He so doesn't want to do it, that we have about 20 hours of work that has to be done for Monday morning. I have already told him that if he fails he will continue to take the class over until he gets a passing grade. He sits at a 75 now, so he doesn't realize my threat is hollow, but we still need to get this project done. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

Kaedo had a friend over today and they had a great time together. Z is a sweet kid. I hope they remain friends next year when they are no longer in the same school. Kaedo and Craig worked tonight on downloading some photo software as well as his camera software onto his computer. He has some picture ideas he wants to try out so we'll see if we can make that happen this weekend.

Craig has football tomorrow morning, so he will be off not so bright and early to do that. He's usually home about 1-1:30pm.

And finally tonight I had the opportunity to spend some time with my good friend L. We headed up to Star.bucks (thanks for the GC Jessica) and has two rounds of drinks over the three hours we spent there. I'm surprised they didn't kick us out. I guess that's why we kept drinking.

That's about it from here. Have a good weekend everyone.

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Glad you were able to have a night long coffee visit. She is such a nice person.

Good luck with the French project. Boy, when he gets his mind in a certain place, he's hard to budge. You said you were doing well Sterling, don't let French ruin your honor chances. Imagine having to spend another semester or two or three doing French with the same teacher. Yuck! Try to get it over with and move on to something more fun like "music", lol.

Can't wait to see your camera work Kaedo. I bet with some practice and maybe a beginner class at school next year, you'd really excel. I took a very basic course in scenery photography and I have some lovely shots. Every little bit of knowledge helps.

Enjoy, Craig. We know how much you love your Saturday football game.

We are going into the desert to dig for geodes tomorrow. That is about the extent of what there is to do in this god forsaken place we've come to. There's also a place in the desert that has large figures or something weird like that. Can't remember what it's called, never heard of it before, but we'll hunt the place down. Supposed to be the #1 thing to see in these parts out of 4 things. The other three are digging for geodes, visiting a working mine and the municipal golf course. Haha, so much for my research.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

It is hard to believe that Sterling is already just about done Semester 1 in his grade 9 year. Hope your French project works out for you this weekend Sterling (Shannon!).

I love taking pictures so much as well Kaeden. You will be a great photographer with that camera of yours.

Hope your football went well today Craig.

Shannon, we now have a Starbucks coffee shop set up in our Pharmasave and everytime you walk in - it smells soooo good. We're more Time Horton's coffee people but it always smells wonderful going in there.

We had a horrible storm hit here around 9:30 a.m. on Thursday morning and it was still snowing at 5:00 a.m. on Friday morning. We really got dumped on - Stan got to use his snowblower. We went out around 8:30 a.m. yesterday morning to shovel and blow snow. Stan figured we got between 8 - 10". The streets are horrible around S.C. and the street cleaning seems to be taking a long time.

Today we didn't do too much - met friends in the afternoon for coffee and Stan just headed out the door for a Bronco game. The sun was shining and blue sky today and they are predicting +5 for Tuesday. Crazy weather.

Hope you had a good day digging for geodes Denis & Irene!

I think I've finally got all the pictures from our Disneyland trip printed so now I have to get them organized to put into my Sandylion Disneyland Book. I plan on setting up a table in the spare room and work on it whenever I feel like it. Love going through them and remembering all the fun we had.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!