Wednesday 6 July 2011

Wednesday Night

Where has the time gone? It seems like they just arrived although their holiday is almost half over. Jessica and I have had a wonderful time being together. I think the best part of us being sisters is that we not only love each other but we like each other. Alot. She would do anything for my boys and I would do the same for the girlies. Avery has captured my heart and Emma is the doll she always has been. There have been a few bumps in the road (soaking the dog with a hose, screaming at the sight of Ketchup) but there have been so many good things. Like Sterling taking Avery AND Ketchup for a walk and Kaedo playing in the pool for hours with Em and Avery wrapping Sterling around her little finger and Emma being the most interesting child I have ever spoken to. It is times like these, when I am sitting here, that I wish they lived closer.

Mom and dad - I would post pictures for you but I'm making you a photo album of our trip so I don't want to spoil the surprise! Just make sure Jessica gives it to you!

Tomorrow we have a pedicure appointment in the morning and Jessica is getting a haircut tomorrow afternoon. I am taking the bigs and the littles to McDonalds for lunch then we are coming back for some serious pool time.

Friday we have the Farmer's Market and a trip to the beach. Saturday Kaedo and Craig are in Cambridge at soccer and I'm going to try and convince Jessica to paint the lockers. yikes! She says not white so we'll see. I guess a trip to Home Depot will be on the list as well.

Anyway - a great time, great weather, great laughs, great hugs and smooches, great nights watching movies and days sitting on the swing. Great family dinners and happy kids. I'm loving every minute of it. It is just what I needed.

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

So glad you're having such a wonderful time. I can tell when I speak with you both. Poor Ketchup, he's the one I feel sorry for the most. I'm sure he's being a really good sport but 4 kids is a little much for any dog.

Thank you soooo much in advance for the photo album. I've put it in my messages and will make sure I get it.

Have fun at your pedicure and if you have any influence whatsoever over your baby sister, please have her shave her head if she's really dyed it black. My mother would question that logic!! She still talks about how black her hair was when she was younger.

Made our reservations today for our trip west...instead of south. Really wanted to go to Colorado but between the wild fires and the border guard's out of country time frame, we were a little nervous. The fire not so much but the border is scary. We have submitted our IRS forms and they are based on a calendar year. The border says it's based on a rotating year and they can pick which date to start that year. If that's the case we aren't eligible to go south until December at this point. Going for two months this summer might mean we can't go south at all this winter. Just can't take that chance. We're looking forward to our holiday in Christina Lake, Sunshine Valley and Bridal Falls, two weeks at each destination. We will cross the border for a few days and go to Washington to visit Laura and Dan. We've decided that Texas and Louisiana will be our winter destinations this year. Will have to get online and check out the RV parks around New Orleans and Baton Rouge.

Denis & Irene said...

THe comment was finished for me before I was even finished. Guess the Blogger figured I'd said enough.

Love to all