Tuesday 12 July 2011

Holiday Part 1






I took over 200 photos during the 8 days that Jessica and the girls were here, many of which have made their way into albums for Jessica, the girlies and mom and dad. Mom's request was a picture of her four grandchildren and we were able to capture that the first day they were here. Everything else was just a bonus. I took pictures of swimming, trampolining, falling in the lake, girlies together, the boys together, the four of them, Avery kissing the dog, Em hugging him, Craig and Aves (as Kaedo calls her) playing with the water guns, water fights, Emma learning to jump into the pool and swim underwater, Avery sleeping in the van and some pictures of Jessica and I.

It is very quiet here today and I have spent the day puttering and trying to keep myself occupied so I don't think too much about those beautiful girls, their wonderful smiles, the loads of hugs and kisses and renewing an already strong bond with my best friend. It was magical and I can only hope that we are able to do this again. I know I need to remember all the wonderful moments but today I am just missing them so much that my memories hurt my heart. I have looked at my photos many times already and know I will spend a lot of time doing that over the next little while.

Back tomorrow with Gnomee.

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Wonderful album and I too have been going through it a number of times today. Jessica said it was the best time ever and so did Emma. So glad that you had such a terrific time just chelaxing and vegging. Emma has talked about all her fun times with you and said it was the best birthday present she ever had.

They were still sad about leaving when they arrived in Calgary last night but we came home and had a good play by play of the excellent week. We suggested Emma stay with us for a couple of days so that Jessica could get sorted out with the unpacking and all the other things she had to do. It's been a good day and the weather has improved from yesterday.

Hope you feel less sad tomorrow Shannon.

Love to all