Friday 1 July 2011

Honour Roll


This was a great year for Sterling. While he was very nervous at the beginning of the year - he had had some run-ins with his teacher that were not very positive in previous years and he was concerned. His teacher was amazing! The best teacher he has ever had. She was so amazing (I can't say that enough). She did everything right for him and us. She stayed in contact with us, worked with Sterling to bring him out of his defiant ways, and helped our family see Sterling for the young man he has become. I had hoped he would have her next year as well but she has been promoted to Vice-Principal at another school, so we will be missing her. Sterling's new teacher seems just as great and she has already taken the time to speak with Sterling about next year and speak with me as well. I am really happy with our choice (we had one this year) and Sterling seems happy as well.

Now onto the important stuff. As you know, Sterling made Honour Roll this year - what a thrill! He has known for a few weeks as his tic was getting more frequent as he was worried about not making it after all his hard work. His teacher was kind enough to email me a couple of weeks ago to tell me in the hopes it would calm Sterling and allow him to finish the school year a little easier. On Wednesday, Sterling stood up in front of the whole school and accepted his award as an Honour Roll student. I was so proud. He was amazing! Unfortunately all the pictures from the ceremony have other children and teachers in them so I have only this one for you. This was taken outside his school immediately after the ceremony. He took the rest of the day off and spent it with friends and is now officially an 8th grader. I can't believe I have a child who will be in high school in a year. How can that be????

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Congratulations Sterling! You worked hard and you deserve the credit. You were just so pumped when you phoned to tell us about it and we are over the moon for you. So glad that your laptop will be part of the lineup for next year. I know it will be a real positive piece of equipment for you. I think writing is becoming a lost art. I had such wonderful penmanship but it really sucks now. Typing is the only way we seem to communicate these days. The positive side is that we communicate more with our typing than we ever did with writing. I would never have written so much with pen to paper as I do by e-mail.

So happy that your new teacher will be as positive for you as last years was. Teachers do make all the difference in the world. I know that a lot of them realize they make a difference but a bad one destroys on a much larger scale than a bad banker. You are blessed with two teachers in your family and I'm sure they make a huge good impression on their students.

Canada Day and the park is full. Lots of children having a great time. Can't wait for Em and Avery to arrive as Em will have numerous playmates to choose from. We look forward to spending some time with them before they fly out to visit you. They are so excited. Can't figure out why!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Canada Day with great weather.

Love to all