Thursday 28 July 2011

More Flowers


This week's flowers come courtesy of last Friday's trip to the Farmer's Market. They were fresh picked from a local garden (I hope it was her own) and bunched into small $4 bouquets. I couldn't resist this vibrant array of blooms and while the majority of the flowers have wilted now, I have 2 left that are in a vase painted by Kaedo way back in 2005. It is sitting on an Art Deco side table at my front door. Anyone who knows me knows I love flowers. I am not a rose girl, in fact I just like flowers that are a little different, very bright and nicely presented. I like to think that I would be a good florist as I know what I like and always give input to my florist as to the blooms I would like in any bouquet I have made up for friends or family. I am looking forward to tomorrow's Farmer's Market and plan to take my camera in case I come across some beautiful blooms but have already spent my money on fruits and vegs. Better yet - I think I'll stop at the flower stand first!

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

They are beautiful and sure brighten up the day. The flowers I've planted around our place are coming very, very slowly and this morning when I went outside, I have two sweetpeas that have opened and they look so beautiful. Both rose bushes are in full bloom and I've brought lots of them in to enjoy inside.

It is a beautiful day here today. We have Kelly & family here for a few days and we're hoping for the weather to be nice so we can go outside. Tomorrow after lunch we thought we'd go out to the landing to check things out. We haven't been on the beach side for quite a few years.

Hope you're having a wonderful day - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Beautiful flowers! I love to have flowers also but my pansies are fading fast as the weather has been too warm for them lately. My petunias are a bright spark on our outside table.

We arrived back in Lethbridge today. Had a wonderful time in Fort MacLeod and environs. We were so busy during the day doing all the touristy things that you never seem to do in your own neighborhood. Had a few friends over for a bonfire on Tuesday night and the wind co-operated, nothing burned down. Haven't had internet all week so I'm playing catchup. The e-mails sure pile up when you don't deal with them on a daily basis but no complaints here, I love to get mail.

Hope everyone has a wonderful long weekend.

Love to all