Sunday 5 June 2011

Van Clean Out

Vacuumed out all the carpet and cleaned the mats

Cleaned out the center console

Put back the requisite lawn chairs for soccer games, our basket of bags - yikes - I can't resist a cute bag as well as my Value Village donations

All the garbage!

In my quest to get one project completed every day, aside from the basics of making lunches, suppers, taxi service, and laundry, I tackled cleaning out our van on Friday. My counselor says that taking on one job a day will keep me active, my mind engaged and will not overwhelm me. Our van was a pit. Chips crushed on the floor, drink bottles, 2 years worth of rocks, jackets, and more shopping bags than I could count. It took a lot of music on my iPod, a garbage bag, a lot of cleaning wipes and some perseverance. The nicest part was that I got to meet our new neighbors, had the niece of the neighbor tell me my husband was a hottie (she has a ring in her nose so I know I have nothing to worry about - Craig hates that - ha!), speak with Frank and enjoy the sunshine. I also had the satisfaction of a job well done.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

LOOKS FANTASTIC!!! Good for you to tackle that big job - it does feel so good when it's all done but then you also don't want it to get that way again RIGHT!! It seems whenever we clean our car inside and out, we are either driving people around who really don't watch what they step in OR it rains!

Hope you got my text message Craig. Couldn't get Kelly's computer mouse to work and I was going to send you an e-mail Friday night. Anyway, we made it home safe and sound around 8:30 p.m. tonight. We're catching up on e-mails and phone calls over the weekend. We had a fun weekend with the little boys - Kelly's weekend to go fishing with the boys (Friday 6:00 a.m. and got home today at 3:30 p.m.) and Petrica got to go with her mom and dad to Danny's graduation in Camrose and she left Friday around 4:30 p.m. and she just texted us that her and her parents just arrived in Saskatoon around 9:30 p.m. so she should be arriving home pretty soon.

Saturday Gail came in for a visit but she also had to bring the sad news of John Dyer passing away. It was good we got to hold on to each other and mourn the death of a dear cousin who turned 68 in February. He was diagnosed 3 years ago with colon cancer. Very sad but now we know he is no longer suffering.

Hope to catch up with you tomorrow evening if it works. BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

I think we'll drive instead of flying and then you can do our vehicle. I do wash the outside but the inside looks like yours, prior to the great job you did cleaning it. The worst of it is that we don't have any little ones to blame for messing it up. Our cars have always been a pig sty and I don't think it's going to change anytime soon. I couldn't live in a house that was cluttered and undusted, but the car holds no such aversion.

Sorry to hear about your cousin, Shirley. We lost one of our cousins in Spain last year and we are still very sad about it.

Love to all