Sunday 19 June 2011

Happy Father's Day


This photo is from our first Father's Day. We lived in Carbon (yuck) but were so happy to be the proud parents of this little boy. He had already captured our hearts and changed our lives long before but this was a day of celebration. Those are Sterling's hand prints you see on the t-shirts as we (Sterling and I) had them custom made for Craig. I love my skinnier self in this photo. And look at all that hair - not a grey or blue streak in site!

Anyways - happy Father's Day to all the dad's in our lives - Stan, Dad, Kelly. We love you and hope you have had a nice day. In our family (mom and dad, Jessica) we have a long standing game of who calls first on any given occasion is deemed the winner. Jessica even went so far as to call me at 12:01am one year for my birthday so she could be "the first". Anyway, today I called dad at 7:30am to wish him a happy day and when I asked if I was first, he assured me I was as he was still in bed. Unfortunately, Jessica kept him up until after midnight (I'm sure just to be first) and got me on a technicality as they are spending the weekend with her. Damn you Jessica - I shall one day win again!!!

Lots to share this week after a weekend of soccer, trampoline set up and running through the sprinkler. Must not forget gnomee and a special boy's birthday coming up on Saturday as well.

Happy Father's Day all - love you

3 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Shannon, for some reason I think I remember taking this photo for you. Yes, when we look back on Stan's first father's day - the picture was taken with Kelly sitting on our bed and Stan just waking up and boy oh boy, did he look young. Good thing it wasn't a picture of me first thing in the morning - too scary. Glad to hear you had a nice Father's Day Craig - you are a wonderful father to your boys! Dad had a nice day but we didn't do too much to celebrate other than going to Church and lunch after. We watched the golfing in the afternoon and went out to both grampa's gravesides for abit, home for supper and watched a few programs. Thanks to both boys for calling dad - it means so much!

Looking forward to photos of the weekend.

We took our car in for an oil change this morning before our trip next week to Grande Prairie. Hope things all fall into place before we go so that we can both relax and have a good time.

Better get some lunch on the go before we go to pick the car up. Hope you're having a great day - love you lots - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

hapi said...

Hi shannon, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

Denis & Irene said...

Yes, Happy Father's Day to all the great dads out there. We were lucky enough to have family staying with us and that was great.

Love to all