Monday 13 June 2011

Monday Ramblings

This was the quote in this morning's dove piece. Love it. I might just have to keep a collection of these "fortune chocolates".

When Jessica and I were kids, we used to go to Woodwards and do the grocery shopping with our mom. She would always let us have a sausage roll and let us pick out one thing from the bakery (I usually chose a mille feuille). I could generally be found either in the books, which was right at the front of the store in front of the cash registers, or in the shoe department. I guess things never change.
One other thing that never changes - peanut butter. You have read about it hear before, but we are back to eating "peanut butter" (really soy bean butter). The reason I am telling you this is because as kids, we always ate Skippy Creamy. My mom would buy it and Jessica and I would try to keep track of which bag it had been put into. When helping unload the groceries, we would try to be the first one to get the peanut butter open, stick our finger back into it and close the lid. This of course left the other to believe that they may be the first. It was such a fun game. I remember many grocery nights laughing about who got to the peanut butter first. Yesterday morning (at 5:15am) I opened a new jar of "peanut butter" and surprisingly was sad to see Jessica had not yet sunk her finger into the middle. I ended up doing it myself before putting it on my toast.

Feeling a big melancholy today and really missing home. Wish you were all closer so we could be together. Love you guys.

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Brings back loads of great memories. I remember beating both of you to the peanut butter once and you were both shocked and not a little disappointed. First and last time I took a turn. The sausage rolls...Woodwards definitely had the best.

Chin up kiddo, Jessica will be there in three weeks and we won't be far behind her. We miss you also and can't wait to spend time together. Love you tons.

Love to all