Friday 17 June 2011

beauty or beast?

This huge (maybe 3" across) butterfly spent yesterday afternoon sunning itself on our fence. It was creepy in it's furry, wingy, way. Yet, in a way, I couldn't stop looking at it. I am not a real fan of butterflies - too close to moths - which I am absolutely terrified of. While I know it is not a Monarch, I wanted to post it for Shirley as I know how much she loves butterflies.

The weekend will find Kaedo and I at a soccer tournament both Sat and Sun. Sterling will be hanging out with friends and Craig will be playing football. Since I am doing soccer duty, I hope I can convince Craig to put up the trampoline and pool, and paint the kitchen. Any wagers on if I can convince him?????

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Thanks for the butterfly post Shannon. I've never thought of them as being close to moths but I can see where you're coming from. I'm having such fun with my monarch butterfly in the jar and think of all of you when I "play" with it. THANKS AGAIN!

Sounds like a very, very busy weekend again - not a betting person so hope things go well with trampoline, pool and kitchen. I'm crossing my fingers that our bathroom renos will finally come to an end this weekend. Stan and I took the toilet out to the garage this morning so that's a set in the final direction. He's filling in spots on the floor right now before we have breakfast, then painting the wall behind the toilet will be next, then putting the tiles down and baseboards on - YAHOO!!! Will send you pictures once we've got it altogether.

It's dull and dreary here this morning and pretty high chance of rain so it's a good thing we've got an inside job to do.

Have a wonderful day - love you lots - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

P.S. - Shannon - hope you got my message re: Kaeden's b'day money and thanks again for letting us chip in for his gift. I've got a b'day card already to send but not sure when we'll be able to send it with the Post Office lock out.

Denis & Irene said...

Love that butterfly in the jar also. It took me two days to realize that it wasn't real. Actually Emma told me it wasn't real after I asked her how long she'd think it would live without food. It's really a conversation piece.

Love to all