Saturday 4 June 2011

Skype


Last night with the wonder of Skype and Sterling's amazing talents, we were able to Skype Emma's birthday gift opening. It was so awesome. She was a little confused about seeing us on camera but we got to sing to her and watch her open all her gifts. It was so fun. Jessica and Avery gave her a suitcase and a trip to Toronto and she was over the moon. She freaked out. It was AWESOME! (sorry Craig, I KNOW YOU HATE CAPS! ha). I had promised her we would see her this summer and Jessica has made that possible. She also opened all her gifts from us and Ammy and Baba and it was just great watching her and seeing everyone. Before she got home from school, Sterling Skyped Amma and Baba (em and av call her ammy because amma is too close to emma but the boys call her amma), and spoke with them for about 30 minutes. I got in on the conversation and was teased about my grey hair! Anyway - the wonder of technology and all it has to offer. We figure we should do this at every birthday. Mom and I were also thinking this would be good for our Sunday chats.
Leaving you with a picture of the first time we met Emma - man - have 6 years gone fast. Can't wait to see my girls - all three of them. 29 days and counting!

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

If I'm not mistaken, that photo was taken at Petrica's family's lakeside home. That was a very fun time. My, how they've both grown.

Great photo, Shannon, thanks for bringing back such wonderful memories.

Love to all