Tuesday 31 May 2011

Season Opener

Kaedo's season opener was last night and the weather was beautiful. They got their asses kicked but Kaedo played great. And I forgot my camera! This picture was taken with Craig's phone and it was shot in a series so all the images are Kaedo. Pretty cool, eh?
It is amazing to watch rep. There are 10 boys on the field for each team and the field is much bigger. They play 80 minute games and the noise level of them communicating with each other is just awesome. I really am not one for sitting in an arena watching soccer all weekend (as you have heard me complain about many times) but this is just excellent. I could watch all night. Last but not least - even as a rookie - Kaedo got a lot of playing time. I was thrilled.

Special shout out to Cheryl - who still after all this time is reading the blog - love ya!

1 comment:

GrmpaGrmma said...

GREAT PHOTO!! Glad to hear Kaeden's getting lots of playing time. Sorry to hear they lost but sounds like the whole team play their hearts out.

We want to come down to enjoy your beautiful weather!!!! It's cool here again - dull, dreary, windy BUT not raining today yet! I called my friend in Chilliwack and I asked if she was sitting on their deck enjoying the sun. She said no and that the temp was only +15, it's +13 here but the wind makes it cool.

It was our last Line Dancing today till Sept. 1. We danced for an hour, one of the ladies invited us over to her place for coffee and then we (34 of us) went to the Chinook Golf Course for a soup and sandwich lunch. It was a very nice lunch and lots of fun and laughter with the Line Dancing ladies. I got home around 1:00 and just made myself a cup of tea to sit and relax for abit.

Hope you're day went well - BIG HUGS TO ALL!